Old 19 Nov 18, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Geoff would have been so touched by this - a lovely tribute ❤️
Thanks Mel, I think I typed something in the thread just after he died and mentioned something like this. Felt we had to pay our respects in some way within WDW and this was it.

Appreciate your words - thank you x

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Happy anniversary!

Your tribute to Geoffa is lovely.

I love the idea of relaxing in Mizner's before dinner just enjoying the band, and I do love the special touches the restaurant put on for you. I am very frustrated for you that the service wasn't excellent at Citricos, we had a wonderful server there. Lovely fireworks pictures, I didn't realise you could see them from the restaurant.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
A fitting toast to a great man and I'm sure many of us who knew him through the and in person are still raising a glass we did at the Grand Canyon last week all be it was ice cold earl grey tea
He'd have loved some of your food choices
To Geoffa
To Geoffa

I think that it lovely that so many remember him for so many different reason and as a result want to remember him.
As for the food in Citricos it was excellent and I know he loved fine dining.

Thanks for your kind words- much appreciated.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! And the flying ducks query made me chortle at the end!
Beware there are many more, after a Year 6 at school to remember, it was as if he parked his brain as we got on the plane in Frankfurt, more to come I'm afraid and they get better

Thanks for the anniversary wishes

Old 22 Nov 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
A lovely day after the problems of the previous day
Your anniversary meal looks delicious especially the scallops.

A lovely tribute to Geoffa too.
Thank you

As always appreciate your continued reading of all my trip reports, the tribute to Geoffa was something that we really had to do - from episode 1 The Dibbcast was our in car listening of choice, the boys have grown up listening to the whole team keeping the car informed and usually in stitches.

Old 24 Nov 18, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Phew. I'm relieved that this day turned out to fab, magical even. I'd worried there would be a sourness to the rest of the trip from the previous day.

You made FOP your first ride! What a great idea, 1 ride and then off for breakfast and all is right with the world.

A lovely tribute to Geoffa.it's silly really as I've only ever listened to dibbcast and have not had any interaction with him as you have, but I thought of him too on our very first ride of our holiday this summer, which of course was Splash. Unlike with your family I am a lone dibbcast listener in my household so it was s private thought, as the others weren't even aware why we had to do Splash first and just accepted it as part of the plan!

Hurrah for the dole whip...must not forget snack credits...sort of becomes a mantra!

Shame on your server at Citricos but I'm loving the table decorations and so lovely that the podium check in people listened and then acted on your information. It looks like you had a good spot there by the window.

DUCKS CAN FLY? What about chickens? Perhaps that should be left for another MK first day...

Don't worry loads more Joe moments upcoming - it was as if head left all sensibility at home and then took to asking questions aloud that would have been best left unsaid - at least we still get a laugh out of him today

Could not afford for yesterday to carry any sourness, had we done so we would have spent valuable time onsite trying to reach an answer that nobody had yesterday.
Not going to dwell on something we have no control over, instead the early morning FoP became a reminder of just what a great ride it is and thankfully worth waking up early for

As for Citricos, it really was lovely and the podium totally understood and delivered. Food was great

Enjoying your report too

Old 28 Nov 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Happy Anniversary!
Thank you

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Another great day guys, the anniversary meal looked really tasty.

Sharon
Thanks Sharon, it was as good as it looked

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Congratulations on your anniversary and it was a good day in the parks

Joan
Thanks Joan - I'm sure our 19 years is much less than your and Mick

Old 28 Nov 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great disney day and a great tribute x x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Aw Happy 19th Anniversary 😍 😘 😍

I start counting cars as we go around the bend at AK and watch where the CMs are directing especially if they split you in to 2 lanes, Scott wasn’t too impressed when I barked at him to change lane one morning 😂 it was either that or 192 slot so I went with barking 😂 🤪
We’ve still not done the standby q for FOP but we will one day as there is so much to see.

That was a lovely tribute to Geoffa 👍🏻

A fab 2 park day and that meal at Citricos looks heavenly. So glad the podium was able to sprinkle some magic for you 😍
Thank you for anniversary wishes

I always get stuffed when parking at AK - until later in this trip

Standby for FoP is worth an early morning wake up and adds a whole lot more to the experience/ theming, you never want to queue for 3 hours though

Appreciate all you said above - Citricos podium was ace and I'm glad so many people understand and totally 'get ' the Geoffa part of today.

Old 2 Dec 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Happy anniversary!

Your tribute to Geoffa is lovely.

I love the idea of relaxing in Mizner's before dinner just enjoying the band, and I do love the special touches the restaurant put on for you. I am very frustrated for you that the service wasn't excellent at Citricos, we had a wonderful server there. Lovely fireworks pictures, I didn't realise you could see them from the restaurant.
Thanks Colette - appreciate your anniversary wishes and especially that you understood what we tried to do to remember Geoffa.

The table we got in Citricos was possibly one of the few that you could see the fireworks, hence the great work done by the CM's on the podium before we arrived.

As always - it is a server that can change a great dining experience into an outstanding one - just as our server had rescued us in the previous day.

A great server will always be more highly noted as they make it a true Disney experience, which should always set it aside from dining offsite - will avoid adding more around cost and if not on DDP there are better options offsite that will save you a small fortune

Appreciate your continued reading