Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jun 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 16 Sun 19th May- MK & Epcot

Today was our final visit to Magic Kingdom to do the last couple of rides we had missed. We had fastpasses for Mine Train, Space Mountain and Splash Mountain but i changed Splash to Tinkerbell. We planned to be finished by midday so we could go back to Epcot and do the festival booths we had missed. We arrived just after 9.00am and had a couple of pictures by the wishing well. Peter Pan was there wandering around too.

We then headed straight to Tomorrowland Speedway as it had re-opened today. The wait was posting 5 minutes but it was more like 20 minutes. We were in the queue behind a couple we recognised from Paging Mr Morrow and Ears To You vlogs and realised it was The Magic Geekdom. Since we got back we have checked their Speedway vlog and it was definitely them as Brett appears in the video.

The ride was fun, Brett was the driver and we didnt bump anyone! We decided to grab a light breakfast and shared a Cheshire Cat Tail and Wonderland Slushy from The Cheshire Cafe. Both were delicious- the slushy was frozen Fanta Grape and Raspberry Lemonade and you could eat candy off the straw. The Pooh characters walked past to go to their meet and greet and Tigger waved at Brett.

It was time for Brett's favourite MK ride and we had our dwarf tshirts on today- i love Brett's, we found it on redbubble and it is the dwarfs as seven deadly sins.

We headed over to Space Mountain, this is one of my favourites and it was as fun as i remember. I love the queue and the ride, the vehicle is crazy though it doesnt have much space at all i dont know how guys manage to get their legs in.

We had time to kill before Tinkerbell so we walked over to Liberty Square to split a Lobster Roll from Columbia Harbour House, again no cocktail as MK is limited on alcohol but we did get some Hush Puppies. The sandwich was good, i love lobster.

We took a slow walk through Adventureland and noticed the new parade was about to start. I am so glad we saw this as it is one of the highlights of the trip. There wasnt much of a crowd watching so we got a really good spot and the characters were very interactive. This was the moment i realised just how much Brett had fallen in love with Disney and he said after the parade had finished that he felt like he could be himself here and nobody judges you. My favourite picture is the one where Mickey waves from the float and Brett makes the heart and the castle is in the background.

We walked back up Main Street and over to see Tinkerbell. The cast members had to tell the family behind us off as they tried to push in front of us when we got into the room. Tinkerbell was funny, she was so tiny. They no longer have photographers in here, just an automatic machine but we still got some good pictures. I dont think it is the same as a person though as they capture the off guard special moments.

We headed out and got the monorail over to Epcot. I love going to the park this way as you go all the way around Spaceship Earth before you get off. I managed to score a fastpass for Test Track for around the time we needed to leave for dinner.

We went to Club Cool again (no Beverley this time) before heading over to World Showcase. We started at the left this time and headed into Arbor and got the Smoked Salmon. This was so good, all my favourite ingredients (fish, tomato, avocado) and it even had a sprinkling of caviar on top.

We hadnt tries anything from Mexico so we got the Tres Leches from Jardin de Fiestas. This is basically cake soaked in syrup and milk- it was delicious and quite a big piece too.

Next was Lotus House in China as we missed this one last time too. I didnt really fancy anything but we went for the Crab and Cheese Wontons. They were surprisingly good and you got three so again a decent sized portion.

Brett wanted another frozen coke from Africa but i noticed they did coke float with chocolate icecream so of course we had to get that. It was amazing but huge! I left Brett to eat most of it but i think i actually preferred this to the Dole Whip float.

We hadnt sampled the Germany booth Bauernmarkt so this was the next port of call. I wanted the pretzel bread with ham and cheese but it was quite big and i wanted to leave room for Sanaa bread service. We went for the Potato Pancakes with Apple Sauce. I didnt like these at all so Brett finished them.

Our final snack was from Taste of Marrakesh in Morrocco and it had to be the Walnut Honey Baklava. I absolutely love Baklava and this one didnt disappoint- it was gooey and delicious. We were happy to have completed all the booths but since we got home and looked in our sticker book, we realised we missed Taste Track and the Violet Donut!

We did the full lap of the Showcase and headed over to Test Track. I had read the time wrong on our fastpass and we were 20 minutes early- i was mortified because we saw so many people trying it on with fastpasses and now it looked like we had done the same! The cast member was so nice and let us in early, which was very kind and it was a genuine mistake. Test Track was as awesome as ever, the young American boy next to Brett wasnt too keen though but Brett kept asking him if he was ok.

We headed back to AKL to get changed for Sanaa and actually had time for a quick dip in the pool. It was so cold, i definitely had got used to the hot temperature and didnt like the cold now. We got ready and took the shuttle to Kidani Village. I absolutely love this part of the hotel- the outside of Jambo and the lobby looks better but inside of Kidani is beautiful, i love how small it is and i think i prefer the Savannah here. There was also a few South Africans working here so Brett had a quick chat with them and compared stories about home.

We headed to Sanaa and ordered cocktails. They have four exclusive to Sanaa so we decided to try all of them, starting with Painted Lemar for Brett and African Star Mojito for me. Both were delicious, African Starr rum is huge at Disney, we may have to invest in some for home. Brett's was made up of Amarula and Tangerine Liquor- i didnt think creamy and fruity would work but it tasted amazing.

We had to order the Bread Service and it didnt disappoint. The breads were so soft and the dips were all really good. I did prefer the less spicy ones but Brett managed to finish them all, i think the Pineapple Chutney was his favourite and i liked one of the Hummus ones.

For entrees Brett had the South African Braaivleis, which is basically BBQ meats. He really enjoyed their take on this especially the Boerewors sausage which is hard to find over in the UK. I had the Potjie and chose Durban Shrimp (Brett's home town) and Paneer Tikka. I think i got short changed here as the server didnt tell me that i could get two meats on the dining plan- i really wanted the Butter Chicken too. The shrimp was delicious though and a bit on the spicy side. The server said Brett was the only person she had served that pronounced all the dishes correctly especially Potjie (poi-kee) as nobody ever gets that right.

We ordered the other cocktails to enjoy with dessert- Coconut Cooler for Brett which was perfect for him as it was like a Pina Colada and Mawali Mango Margarita for me which was frozen and made with the Tangerine Liquor again. Our server brought out our desserts as well as a glass of champagne each. I had the Candy Bar and Brett had the Kenyan Mousse. Both were so rich and chocolately- i took most of mine to go to have for breakfast the next day, it was gorgeous like a rich Mars Bar.

We were so full but i think this was our favourite TS meal of the honeymoon and will 100% be on our list when we go back. We got the shuttle back to Jambo House and watched TV in bed for a bit.

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Another great day with lots of cocktails and delicious looking food.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Another great day with lots of cocktails and delicious looking food.
Sanaa was amazing especially the bread service

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day and more good food

Joan
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day and more good food

Joan
thank you we loved sanaa

2021- London

Old 8 Jun 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Another lovely day
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

it looks as if you had a wonderful time.

I agree with you on the potato pancakes - they were not very good! Well done on doing all of the festival booths
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Another lovely day
Thank you

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
it looks as if you had a wonderful time.

I agree with you on the potato pancakes - they were not very good! Well done on doing all of the festival booths
Thank you, i still regret not getting the ham and cheese pretzel in Germany

2021- London

Old 10 Jun 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
i still regret not getting the ham and cheese pretzel in Germany
We did get the pretzel and were again disappointed with it. Very greasy and not very much ham, but rather salty as well. I don't think that you missed much!

The strudel was nicer though
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
We did get the pretzel and were again disappointed with it. Very greasy and not very much ham, but rather salty as well. I don't think that you missed much!

The strudel was nicer though
ah that's good to know the ham and cheese at Be Our Guest was so good I think that's why I was craving it

2021- London