Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I am with Tesco usually and signal at home is ok but a bit hit and miss but is best I can get in my area.

I have a 3 PAYG SIM but initially couldn't access my account to activate. Got online chat and explained and was given everything unlimited for free! We have just returned from a road trip on the west coast and its the best freebie I have ever had. Coverage was mostly by AT&T and worked perfectly even in the mountains in 113f. Seriously thinking of switching when my contract with Tesco finishes.
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

I'm so sorry about this but is it worth topping up my data too?
Planning on taking lots of pics and videos of the kids.

I'm hopeless with all this. I think I've got 5GB of data. but my i cloud storage is almost full
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by wreckitralph15 View Post
I'm so sorry about this but is it worth topping up my data too?
Planning on taking lots of pics and videos of the kids.

I'm hopeless with all this. I think I've got 5GB of data. but my i cloud storage is almost full
What are you referring to by "topping up my data"?

When you take photos and videos using your phones camera, it will not use any internet data (i.e. the data you would purchase from 3).

The only point at which you would use internet data is if you were uploading these to the cloud (iCloud in your case) or posting them on WhatsApp/Facebook etc.

If you are referring to iCloud storage, then if it is almost full it is advisable to either go through it and clear out anything you don't need, or purchase more space, or use another service to back up your photos and videos (i.e. Google Photos, OneDrive)

Here is a guide on freeing up some space on iCloud (follow steps at your own risk as you will be deleting files from iCloud which you won't be able to recover):

forbes/sites/geoffre.../#262390fc3307

Edited at 09:16 AM.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
danhann9
Earning More Ears

Is there a minimum about you have to top up before you can buy the addon?
danhann9 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by danhann9 View Post
Is there a minimum about you have to top up before you can buy the addon?
I think the least expensive addon is £10, so you'd need to top up £10
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tich
Earning More Ears

I am really interested in understanding how this works. I am going on Tuesday next week and did not want to use the Tom Tom as I usually do.

Do I get a 3 network sim from here in the UK put it in my iphone 6 just to test it and then top it up with data somehow in Orlando?

I've looked on the 3 website to get the free sim and it says it may come late. Can I pick one up from any high street place.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I don't really understand it. Thanks!

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Tich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tich View Post
I am really interested in understanding how this works. I am going on Tuesday next week and did not want to use the Tom Tom as I usually do.

Do I get a 3 network sim from here in the UK put it in my iphone 6 just to test it and then top it up with data somehow in Orlando?

I've looked on the 3 website to get the free sim and it says it may come late. Can I pick one up from any high street place.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I don't really understand it. Thanks!
I’ve bought their £20 sim with 5gb from local 3 shop, will pop in phone next week to check it works and then put in just before I leave for airport