Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Jul 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile Seasonal 3 park pass but not using volcano bay!

Last year we upgraded to a three park annual pass. I've just now noticed when we go we can't use volcano pass at all as it's block out dates! Does anyone think we'll get a reduction if we swap them to a two day... and how much is it to go to volcano bay for just the day and pay? Gutted as our boys loved it and we're staying in the hotel's for 2 separate nights and had planned to go early one morning
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Can you upgrade your pass to include volcano bay
Old 2 Jul 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Can you upgrade your pass to include volcano bay
It does include volcano bay... but we weren't shown the blackout dates for volcano bay when booked and now we can't. We'd never had paid the extra to include it if we knew we couldn't use it. Going to email them
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The seasonal pass always includes blockout dates, I think they would have assumed you would know to ask when they were or you had already checked them out before you upgraded. I doubt they will give you a refund but pretty sure they would let you upgrade to the next level that did not include the blockout dates.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, upgrade to the next level of pass is not the ultimate solution

from seasonnal to power pass, it's $50 more (+ tax)
and the power pass is still blocked out, even though the blockout is only until 4pm, you can enter after 4pm

a single entry to volcano bay is $80 + tax per day

to upgrade to a non blocked out AP, OP would need to upgrade all the way to premier AP, and OP would need to pay $255+tax to gain unristricted access to VB

I have voiced my frustration with universal yesterday, and I'm waiting for a reply from them
We've been passholders for years, we never had to deal with blockout dates this far (even at the same periods of visit) and the previous year they had lifted the blockouts for august around this time of year
I'm staying onsite, at CBBR, for the perks (early entry and walk to VB) ... so far no early entry at USO and IOA for august. Early entry at VB impossible as our APs (power and preferred) are blocked out before 4pm

bottomline, a stay onsite with no perk whatsoever (oh ... wait, I can charge to my room , yipppeeeee) and heftier parking charges (up by $3 a night since last year)

rant over, back to OP

you might be allowed to downgrade your AP from 3 parks to 2 parks, but this will only be doable when you renew your AP.
You currently have a 3 parks AP, you are stuck with 3 parks until your AP expires.
then when you renew (if you renew) you will be able to switch to a 2 parks AP by visiting guest relations or calling the AP helpline

you can't downgrade while the AP is active, especially if you have taken advantage of an higher tier/parks AP (any discount, VB entry, or whatever)

Think of it, it would be easy to get a 3 parks AP, use it for VB entry, then switch back to a 2 parks and claim the $100 back (difference between a 2 parks and a 3 parks AP) and basically get VB for free

for that reason, downgrade will only happen at a renewal period
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Many thanks for your detailed reply. We've not used the annual pass at all yet as only bought it for the 2 weeks we are in Florida in August. As its our first time with an annual pass they didn't inform us about the block out dates for volcano bay... had we known we would have just bought the 2 park one as there would have been no advantage at all buying the 3 park one... which we have bought! Don't really want to pay yet more money... and as you say staying at the hotel was great last year with early access. We've booked two nights there... especially for early access to volcano bay which my boys loved. No point staying two separate nights to give us four days Express pass as we could do universal and ioa with one night stay at hotel. I'm just annoyed it wasn't explained to us and know my boys will be disappointed. We loved the lazy river... but the one not so lazy. Lol
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think if it was mis-sold - ie you weren't informed of blackout dates- you may have a case against whoever sold it to you. I might consider the upgrade to get in after 4pm-
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

if you didn't activate your AP yet, you'll still need to collect it from universal (attraction desk at your hotel, or guest services before the entrance to the parks

you might then be able to exchange your 3 parks AP voucher for a 2 parks AP and get a refund/credit for the price difference

if your AP had already been activated (issue and first entered a park) then what I said above would stand

but if you only have a voucher, and the AP has not yet been issued, you're, sort of, in that "renewal period" and you'll probably be able to get it changed

just remember to make it clear to the team member when you go redeem your AP voucher

PS : if the AP you hold is an upgrade of the tickets you had last time, then disregard what I wrote in the paragraphs of this post. Your AP is active (was activated on the day you first used the ticket used for upgrade to AP)

Edited at 01:30 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
I think if it was mis-sold - ie you weren't informed of blackout dates- you may have a case against whoever sold it to you. I might consider the upgrade to get in after 4pm-
I've been having a real too and fro with Universal for this exact reason. We purchased the seasonal annual pass before the blackout dates had been announced. The then current ticket(2018) did not have any part of Aug included for any of the parks and the girl who sold us the tickets said we'd be fine as August hadn't ever been included!

Basically Universal will not budge an inch. I have told them there is no way I can afford to have paid for this pass, four nights at the RPR and then either an upgrade (which would only allow access after 4pm) or 4 adult day tickets. Personally I think this has been totally mis sold.

The best they offered was 15% off the four 1 day tickets... I declined 😤
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Kirky123

Oh no. I've emailed them so awaiting a response. I remember looking and thinking first 2 weeks in August wil be fine... didn't even know volcano bay had days not allowed. It would really put me off renewing it again as the next year universal and island's of adventure could be all blocked out for August! So frustrating as my boys are so excited about volcano bay as we've only been there once. As u say to upgrade and just go in after 4pm is money we didn't plan for... and it could be full and not letting anyone else in!
Such a shame you have not got anywhere. They've been good in the past for other things.
I'll let you know if I get anywhere! You never know!