Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Jul 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3boys View Post
I got a reply and they offered us complimentary day ticket for volcano bay. Better than not going. We will make the most of early access and go then...7.30 at a water park! You so wouldn't anywhere else. Lol
Ha ha true we did it last yr and it was ace , went round and round on krakatou 3/4 times with out getting off.
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So is the mis-selling the fact that they didn't make you aware of the block-out dates ? Although clearly stated on their website, I'm sorry but I'm struggling on the mis-sold bit
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
So is the mis-selling the fact that they didn't make you aware of the block-out dates ? Although clearly stated on their website, I'm sorry but I'm struggling on the mis-sold bit
Sd
When I went to customer services to enquire about the annual pass they showed me what the block out dates were for universal and islands of adventure. We got them as we were going first two weeks of August. At no point did they mention volcano Bay having block out days at all... and it didn't even cross my mind... until I noticed it the other day...11 months after buying the annual pass (not used it yet)

I was completely unaware that volcano bay would have block out days. Just knew it was a 3 park pass including volcano bay.

Puts me off renewing as they look like they just add whatever dates and when you have to stick to school holidays as well
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Sd
So for us we upgraded at the hotel at the end of our stay. The blockout dates were not available but was advised by the sales assistant August would not be an issue. The dates would only change marginally dependant on Christmas and Easter breaks. As we said we wouldnt be returning until August it was no concern. Until recent planning and reading forums it's come to light . I was going to just suck it up and upgrade for 4pm access but felt if they have offered a possible resolution why should I. I've just had a further reply and they seem to be firm with a No at present .

Edited at 05:55 PM.
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sd
You need to read the thread😡
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ball81 View Post
So for us we upgraded at the hotel at the end of our stay. The blockout dates were not available but was advised by the sales assistant August would not be an issue. The dates would only change marginally dependant on Christmas and Easter breaks. As we said we wouldnt be returning until August it was no concern. Until recent planning and reading forums it's come to light . I was going to just suck it up and upgrade for 4pm access but felt if they have offered a possible resolution why should I. I've just had a further reply and they seem to be firm with a No at present .
Keep on at them. I'm sure you'll get a day pass. So frustrating isn't it! Good luck. May see you at Volcano bay in August... all being well!
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I inquired with guest services, and asked if staying onsite did lift the blockout dates, like it does at disney's

here is their answer (relevant part only)

With staying on-site with our resorts, this does not change the block-out dates for the Annual Passes. I would recommend for you to upgrade your Annual Pass if you are concerned about your block out dates to a pass that does not have any.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Keep on at them. I'm sure you'll get a day pass. So frustrating isn't it! Good luck. May see you at Volcano bay in August... all being well!
Hopefully, we would have upgraded regardless I think because the kids are to excited not to, just feel a little hard done when others have managed to get a bit of something to soften the blow. I've replied straight away this time so finger crossed we'll be in there.
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Actually Mman I did read the thread Op stated that they wouldn't have bought the 3 park AP if they'd known about the blockout dates & would have bought the 2 park... but as they had already used the VB portion of their pass they would have had to buy a 3 park anyway- You upgrade on what you have already used, Disney are the exact same
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I got a reply and they offered us complimentary day ticket for volcano bay. Better than not going. We will make the most of early access and go then...7.30 at a water park! You so wouldn't anywhere else. Lol
Not sure exactly when you are there but just had a DiBB update email showing hours have changed from 2nd Aug-16th (when we are in Florida). Extra morning hours for VB have been removed!
Looks like we'll use our day pass later in the holiday when we've got 4 days of no tickets, no point using it when we're staying at Universal now ☹️.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List