Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jul 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Bull and Bear - any thoughts?

I saw TheTimTracker review of the Bull and Bear restaurant. It looked amazing and they raved about it but I’m wary as often these things are free promotion.

Any Dibbers have any thoughts or experiences?

Edited at 06:27 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

I've been watching the Trackers for a couple of years now and have always had the impression that they give an honest opinion - even if the thing they are reviewing has been gifted.
From my point of view if they say it is good I would be inclined to take it as a good sign.
Have you tried Trip Advisor to try and get another viewpoint?
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pegasus928 View Post
I've been watching the Trackers for a couple of years now and have always had the impression that they give an honest opinion - even if the thing they are reviewing has been gifted.
From my point of view if they say it is good I would be inclined to take it as a good sign.
Have you tried Trip Advisor to try and get another viewpoint?
Oh thanks for the tip - I hadn’t looked. Will go have a good read

It’s quite expensive but I’m hoping to try some offsite places when on my universal stay so hopefully the reviews are good. I just couldn’t recall seeing much about it on here which is unusual given how many food reports there are
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

It's supposed to be a great steakhouse - doesn't get much airtime as it isn't on the DDP and isn't cheap. I'd love to go there but we always have DxDDP so always choose Yachtsman or this year STK as it's included in the plan. Offsite I would always choose Longhorn on price. You can't go wrong with a Longhorn steak (or Charley's / Ruth Chris at higher end) If I was paying OOP and staying onsite or had a really special celebration I would definitely give it a go.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel

Edited at 06:28 PM.
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
It's supposed to be a great steakhouse - doesn't get much airtime as it isn't on the DDP and isn't cheap. I'd love to go there but we always have DxDDP so always choose Yachtsman or this year STK as it's included in the plan. Offsite I would always choose Longhorn on price. You can't go wrong with a Longhorn steak (or Charley's / Ruth Chris at higher end) If I was paying OOP and staying onsite or had a really special celebration I would definitely give it a go.
Sounds good. I was hoping for a bit of a treat - the desserts and cocktails look fab!

Edited at 10:18 PM.
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Sounds good. I was hoping for a bit of a treat - the deserts and cocktails look fab!
we want The Lemon 😋
Not sure we can fit it in tbh but it’s on the list

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
we want The Lemon 😋
Not sure we can fit it in tbh but it’s on the list
The reviews on Tripadvisor look good and apparently it’s 4th in Orlando out of thousands so I’m hoping to keep it on my list

Fingers crossed I get to go here and The Palm - I was going to stick to Citywalk but these look too tempting
Old 19 Jul 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
SpaceLady
Getting Excited

We went there on Tuesday after seeing the Trackers review and it was amazing.
I was really, really impressed at the service. It’s not just one server that attends to you, it’s a team and they really make sure you are attended to.
We weren’t drinking and the server said that if we gave her a flavour profile the bar would make an amazing mock tail for us. We chose ginger as a flavour and it was truly delicious. We were also drinking water and our glass was topped up constantly. The servers weren’t at all intrusive and were so concerned that we had a nice time it was lovely.
The food was also amazing. We had oysters and tuna to start, then the fried chicken and the pork chop ( fancy names used on the menu but that was what we had) then finished with the lemon and the fraise. It was all so good and so well cooked. The chicken tasted like the best chicken ever and the lemon is a wow. Each bite tastes like a perfect piece of lemon meringue pie. So lemony without being tart. The fraise was a strawberry dessert with the ice cream element made at the table. I have never tasted a smoother ice cream.
They valet park you when you arrive and by the time we lest the restaurant and went to get the car it was waiting outside for us.
The hotel itself was stunning and I will be saving hard to stay there one day.
For a special meal I would absolutely recommend there. Not cheap but so worth it.
SpaceLady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SpaceLady View Post
We went there on Tuesday after seeing the Trackers review and it was amazing.
I was really, really impressed at the service. It’s not just one server that attends to you, it’s a team and they really make sure you are attended to.
We weren’t drinking and the server said that if we gave her a flavour profile the bar would make an amazing mock tail for us. We chose ginger as a flavour and it was truly delicious. We were also drinking water and our glass was topped up constantly. The servers weren’t at all intrusive and were so concerned that we had a nice time it was lovely.
The food was also amazing. We had oysters and tuna to start, then the fried chicken and the pork chop ( fancy names used on the menu but that was what we had) then finished with the lemon and the fraise. It was all so good and so well cooked. The chicken tasted like the best chicken ever and the lemon is a wow. Each bite tastes like a perfect piece of lemon meringue pie. So lemony without being tart. The fraise was a strawberry dessert with the ice cream element made at the table. I have never tasted a smoother ice cream.
They valet park you when you arrive and by the time we lest the restaurant and went to get the car it was waiting outside for us.
The hotel itself was stunning and I will be saving hard to stay there one day.
For a special meal I would absolutely recommend there. Not cheap but so worth it.
Thank you so much for such an honest and detailed review.

It sounds absolutely fantastic and I’m even more determined to fit this in though it isn’t tying in with plans at the moment - the only day I can do it really it’s either this or the Palm but I’m so torn!

Your review definitely helps. Also I love that this is supposed to be a more dressy place and I’m looking forward to wearing a nice dress for the evening. Did you find the dress code observed?
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SpaceLady
Getting Excited

Dress code wise it did seem dressier. The lighting is very subtle (some would say a little dark ) and it adds to the atmosphere. When you consider California Grill’s dress code is similar, I would say is was adhered to better. It was in no way ‘stuffy’ but it’s a place that lends itself to dressing up a bit. I was in a dress and hubby was in black jeans and a shirt and we were happy with that.
SpaceLady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List