Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Jul 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenni2777
Gone all Goofy

Getting from London Euston to Heathrow bath road advice

Hi
We are four adults with large suitcases travelling from Birmingham to Heathrow by probably train, I have booked an overnight stay at the travel lodge bath road . For those that use the train is it easy to get from Euston to Heathrow with cases on the tube? Does anyone else know of any other options ? I don’t really want to pay for an Uber or taxi.
Thanks in advance
Jenni2777 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jenni2777 View Post
Hi
We are four adults with large suitcases travelling from Birmingham to Heathrow by probably train, I have booked an overnight stay at the travel lodge bath road . For those that use the train is it easy to get from Euston to Heathrow with cases on the tube? Does anyone else know of any other options ? I don’t really want to pay for an Uber or taxi.
Thanks in advance
A few ways to go. The piccidilly line goes to Heathrow, so from Euston you would need to get Northern or Victoria line to join up as one of the the joint stations (Kings Cross, Leicester Square or St James Park all work). Its a few escalators down at Euston and pretty hot. Very crowded in rush hour and also very hot.

Or walk around corner from Euston and go to Euston Square and then get train to Paddington, then heathrow express. Just under the surface so not so hot.

Or get off at Watford Junction and get green line bus to heathrow (724) runs once an hour. There used to be a virgin bus also, but I think that has now stopped.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

I live in north London and use the Piccadilly line every to commute to and from work and I can tell you tourists makeup a large percentage of the users and it’s crowded and awkward if you’ve got suitcases. The journey time from Euston to Heathrow by tube is 50 mins.

I were you I’d get a cab from Euston station to Paddington Station and then get the Heathrow Express from there. It’ll be a MUCH more comfortable journey and the journey time is only 15 mins.
Old 7 Jul 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Yes, Last year we did Leamington Spa to Marylebone, tgen tube to Victoria then victorie to Heathrow.
Very easy
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenni2777
Gone all Goofy

Thankyou for your replies , i was worried about taking the suitcases on the tube , especially managing the escalators. I’ll look into if any coaches are available too and I will price it up for the tube ,Heathrow express and Uber
Jenni2777 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Travelled Euston to the PI on Bath Road many times. I could not be bothered with suitcases on/off tube. We book a car with Blackberry cars, excellent service. £30 when there's 2 of us and (I think) £35 when 3 of us so need larger car.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
I were you I’d get a cab from Euston station to Paddington Station and then get the Heathrow Express from there. It’ll be a MUCH more comfortable journey and the journey time is only 15 mins.
This is what I used to do when travelling from my office for business, weighed down with suitcase, briefcase, laptop, handbag and high heels. 🤬

Relatively expensive but so worth it.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenni2777
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Travelled Euston to the PI on Bath Road many times. I could not be bothered with suitcases on/off tube. We book a car with Blackberry cars, excellent service. £30 when there's 2 of us and (I think) £35 when 3 of us so need larger car.
Thankyou this may be a cheaper option and easiest , did you book in advance?
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jenni2777 View Post
Thankyou this may be a cheaper option and easiest , did you book in advance?
Yes, pre book, we usually pay the driver but you can pay via website. I've had to ring them to change arrival time due to train delay and it was no problem. Usually get a text 30 mins beforehand with driver/car details. Sometimes the drivers ring themselves also.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenni2777
Gone all Goofy

Thankyou this is definitely a better option, which I’ll be booking. I’ve taken a look £35 for an estate the same price for the Heathrow express and less hassle.