General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 15 Jul 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
That’s very helpful,thank you!
We go sept 5-12,so the schools will be back by then,so may be quieter.
It’s certainly gave me a clearer understanding,of how to go about it ourselves,rather than a tour,so thank you again
Tracy x
No problem, any questions you have, I’m happy to help if I can. I’ve had lots of help on here for our trips so it’s nice to be able to help out if I can.

I would imagine you will be fine with buses in September. Hope you enjoy the rest of our report and it gives you more tips for your trip 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Great photos - looks like a beautiful place to visit.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Great photos - looks like a beautiful place to visit.
Thank you, it really was incredible. We walked for hours and around each corner we saw more and more beautiful scenery. It was definitely worth the long bus journey
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Beautiful photos, I think Plitvice Lakes have wooden walkways too? I’d love to be able to swim there but there’s not anywhere to put your stuff is there?

Great info about the buses!

Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Great photos - it looks like a beautiful place!
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Deggs View Post
Beautiful photos, I think Plitvice Lakes have wooden walkways too? I’d love to be able to swim there but there’s not anywhere to put your stuff is there?

Great info about the buses!

Deggs x
I would love to visit Plitvice on another trip as I have heard it’s beautiful too. The walkways were really well laid out and meant that we were walking so close to nature at all times without too many fences separating us. I didn’t see any lockers and people did seem to be just leaving their belongings on the grass when they went in the waterfalls.
Old 16 Jul 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
That’s very helpful,thank you!
We go sept 5-12,so the schools will be back by then,so may be quieter.
It’s certainly gave me a clearer understanding,of how to go about it ourselves,rather than a tour,so thank you again
Tracy x
Tracy, another option, we did our tour through Split Walking tours, they actually picked us up at our hotel to take us to Split for the starting point, then the bus was waiting inside the park at the end of the day to bring us back, we had lots of time in the park and was very easy all round. Here is a link if you are interested - splitwalkingtour/package...ur-from-split/

Such a great experience. Have a lovely time!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This is really interesting and useful for our upcoming trip to Croatia in sept.
I will be with my mum who isn't a big walker but loves rivers. If we go to krka and get the boat to the waterfalls is there a way to get to the lakes without going up the steps?

Felt sorry for Georgia re the loos. That is likely to be me too. Did you ever find any in Skradin on your way back?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
This is really interesting and useful for our upcoming trip to Croatia in sept.
I will be with my mum who isn't a big walker but loves rivers. If we go to krka and get the boat to the waterfalls is there a way to get to the lakes without going up the steps?

Felt sorry for Georgia re the loos. That is likely to be me too. Did you ever find any in Skradin on your way back?
The lower part of the falls is on the flat, plus the top after the steps has very good wooden pathways and is flat but to get from the waterfalls to the lakes is quite steep and the main route is steep steps. I did not see a disabled access route but I just found this article which suggests there is a route to avoid the steps. It may be worth researching a little more to avoid disappointment as the steps are difficult

apieceoftravel/wheelchai...national-park/

We made sure we used the loos before we left the park so didn’t look for them in Skradin afterwards. I didn’t notice any though so I’m pleased we didn’t need them on our long wait for the bus 😀 . I do always worry about loos on holidays, and nag everyone to go before we leave our room each day 😂

Hoping to get our Trogir day posted on Friday for you before we fly out to Vietnam, we started writing it today, we tend to write half a day at a time then add photos, so should be ready by Friday
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you! Although I am keen to read it don't rush like a mad thing especially on my account. We aren't off until September.

Got to get to Portugal and starve with no restaurant booking first ! Oh well one way to diet 😂

Thanks for the Krka link. She's not in a vague as ye, but if there is a more accessible route will def try to seek it out. I can pretend it is for her benefit 😆
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List