Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jul 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kipperphill
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

This thread made me upgrade to a full size! Now group Z... Hopefully a Tahoe
kipperphill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wozwebs
Getting Excited

Mobile

Ended up with a Dodge Journey as had no Ford Edge after all that. Decent enough.
wozwebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wozwebs View Post
Ended up with a Dodge Journey as had no Ford Edge after all that. Decent enough.
Wondering how long I can persuade the family to camp out in the parking garage after a long flight, waiting for my preferred car to arrive!

Decent spec Journey maybe OK. Have a great holiday!
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 04:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Update as arrived LAX today.
Went to preferred booth and was offered Nissan something - Pathfinder I think.
Asked if anything American and was offered a Buick Enclave, the guy said it was an upgrade. I didn’t have and mobile data and it wasn’t on my list so was a bit stumped so went to have a look and it seemed decent.
Checking since this seems a good upgrade so am really happy. It’s done 14,000 miles and seems like new. No satnav but has apple car play & some weird onstar option I haven’t tried yet.
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

The Mazda CX9 is by far the best choice. All the Mazda CX's drive like cars more than SUV's, a positive for me anyway but in the Avis family they are pretty rare. I do want a US vehicle when in the US but if I need a bigger vehicle than a car I would want the CX9.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

I’ll tell you what to expect... first car, a GMC Terrian came up with a “change oil soon” message followed by tyre pressure warnings all within 24 hours, just had to go back and swap that for a Jeep Grand Cherokee which within an hour has come up with a 4wd error saying it needs service... Avis are a joke !

Edited at 04:58 PM.
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by robotango View Post
I’ll tell you what to expect... first car, a GMC Terrian came up with a “change oil soon” message followed by tyre pressure warnings all within 24 hours, just had to go back and swap that for a Jeep Grand Cherokee which within an hour has come up with a 4wd error saying it needs service... Avis are a joke !

The oil change warning is standard, it can not be helped that a car needs service it happens.

The tyre pressure could well be a slow puncture but it sounds like you picked the car up with the correct amount of air so the garage must of noticed it low and added air.

Rental cars get a battering from renters so your going to get minor faults pop up.

Yes its not good when your trying to enjoy your holiday and have to return cars but I would not go as far as to say they are a joke.

In the past I have only had good experiences with them service and cars supplied.
Same with Alamo always had good service and cars
Dollar very bad service and always dirty damaged cars
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northtim View Post
Update as arrived LAX today.
Went to preferred booth and was offered Nissan something - Pathfinder I think.
Asked if anything American and was offered a Buick Enclave, the guy said it was an upgrade. I didn’t have and mobile data and it wasn’t on my list so was a bit stumped so went to have a look and it seemed decent.
Checking since this seems a good upgrade so am really happy. It’s done 14,000 miles and seems like new. No satnav but has apple car play & some weird onstar option I haven’t tried yet.
We had a Buick Enclave one visit thought it was a very nice car full leather and loads of extras, very comfy drive and it was big enough for 4 adults easy although we were only 2 of us.

We also had a Volvo XC90 which Avis say is a select series but I did not think it was any different from most other cars apart from full leather

I hope I can get Buick Enclave next month when we return.
Old 18 Aug 19, 04:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loving the Buick, done a lot of miles from LA to Monument Valley and it’s a great drive.

Even decided it needed a nice posed shot today!