Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

hotel for granny who likes to sit

We are planning a trip with our Granny who doesn't walk much (health and mobility). There will be a few days she won't feel up to joining us at the parks, even with the ECV, so we want to find just the right hotel for her to feel relaxed. Granny loves a quiet pool and she will happily sit in a pretty area for hours. Being a city person, she's fine around people. I'm thinking she'd prefer a Boardwalk area hotel or POR. We are also considering the DDP just to make things simpler. What say you?
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I'd look at OKW or SSR. Both are beautiful and relaxing.

I would also show hotels to and ask Granny.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Gran Destino Tower, water view. Granny could people watch out of the room window whilst reading a book in the armchair.

Granny would love it here. Everything she would need a short lift ride away and a gentle stroll to a quite pool.lovely long bench overlooking the water at the hotel rear for Granny to chillax.

Disney332
Old 18 Jul 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ssr with a view of ds.
Or okw with a view of golf course x
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

if you can afford it i would say GF, i could sit in the lobby for days listening to the music. plenty of good places to eat on site, shops to have a walk around and the quiet pool has waiter service too so no need to move. so beautiful and relaxing. monorail also take the ECV so getting around is easy ( rooms can sleep 5 so it may not be as expensive as you think)
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I would say okw and granny can sit on the balcony watching the boats go by to Disney springs.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

SSR for me large nice grounds a few pools to go to
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I’d go for the Yacht Club as with a balcony she could watch the world go by ... the boats, bikes, gondolas ... ahh lovely 😊
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I haven’t stayed there myself, but aren’t there rooms at Animal Kingdom where you can see zebras, antelope etc from your window?
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

I hadn't thought of OKW and SSR. They do have beautiful grounds, don't they? I like the idea of Yacht Club because of the Boardwalk area and easy access to Epcot and MK.

She will have an ECV and, although she takes a bus at home without one, bringing it on a bus may overwhelm her. A walk (on wheels) or monorail would be simpler, which I think she would certainly appreciate whilst on holiday. Maybe I should focus on the monorail and boardwalk areas only for this reason?

GF would be lovely. She would like that.

This is for 2020. My family of 6 will stay off site in a condo or villa, for more space and the flexibility of a kitchen, and drive each day to meet granny and accompany her to the parks (or go alone on days when she isn't feeling up to it). We are considering having one of our older (adult) children stay with granny in the room for company, but we know she would prefer to stay in a hotel rather than with our noisy/busy lot