Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew in premium on the dreamliner. My tray table was broken so they bought me out a lap tray. If you feel uncomfortable, you could always ask for one of these?
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I can't answer your question but just wanted to say welcome to the dibb, chuffmechuffer 😊 Don't be embarrassed about anything, we're not here to judge, just to make things easier and help you get to that magical place happy 😊
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

there are a few questions in regards to thomson's dreamliner on trip advisor.

A few larger ladies have commented saying that the trays are fine and if anything that's going to be an issue it's the static arm rests (but they still found the flight to be fine) one specific woman stated that she was 5'7 and 19 stone if that helps at all.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

I am a larger lady, UK size 18-20, I travelled premium with TUI in April, I found the seats very generous with ample space, you can also put your bag under the seat in front if you want to. The tables are in the arms and they do move out as you bring them put of the arm. They are foldable so you don't have to have the whole table out you can just have half. I sat in the middle of three on the way out and the aile on the way home. Had a really good flight.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I have flown PE once (wedding upgrade) and I think it was either United or US Airways. I found that although you have extra legroom, the width of the seat was slightly less with the tray being in the arm rest. As a woman who is Pooh shaped with my weight mostly on my hips, I would go for the extra leg room seats in economy which are now called Virgin Delight.

Not flown on a Dreamliner though so not sure if that is the same.
Virgin PE is much wider than most other airlines its nearly the width of club with BA
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Virgin PE is much wider than most other airlines its nearly the width of club with BA
That’s ok then. It was a snug fit on United/US so I can bear that in mind if I fancy going premium economy on Virgin (starts looking at her flying club miles ... )
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

The seat size I've found to be fine in Virgin PE, but I do have issues with the table in the arm rest, as I can't get it flat over my tummy - I'm short (5ft) and carry my weight in my tummy.

I either use the middle bit, or share Chris's table. You can work round it.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Chuffmechuffers View Post
Hello,
I’m due to fly on the Dreamliner for the first time in October. As I am on the large side, I have paid for Premium.
I have been reading threads and saw one that states the trays in PE are in the arm rests. Does this mean that the tray will be somewhat closer to you than if on a seat back? It may seem trivial to some, but I panic that I’m going to be spending 9 hours or so squashed up and uncomfortable.
I gather from reading threads on here, that it is a friendly informative site, but if there is anyone reading this thinking ‘just lose weight’, believe me, its not always from over eating that someone may be large, and I feel very embarrassed having to ask but just want to be prepared xx
Are you flying TUI Dreamliner, just checking as you have a lot of replies about other airlines, I realise some other airlines fly the Dreamliner but dont think virgin are currently flying it to Orlando. You may find some videos on YouTube yo look at it try seatguru to get an idea of seat measurements. If I can find the pics I took in April I will add them for you to look at.

Edited at 04:43 PM.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just back from flying Tui Premium, (must do review). Regardless of measurements given I had more room than in Virgin PE. Table was fine in both.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Chuffmechuffers
New Poster (2)

Thank you for all your lovely replies. I didn’t realise other airlines had the Dreamliner, I thought it was just TUI, so sorry for not making myself clear that I am flying with them!
Chuffmechuffers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List