Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Using your phone in Florida: Vodafone

For anyone who is currently with vodafone I have just noticed that they have extended free roaming for some customers to countries including the USA.

If you're with Vodafone it might be worth double checking your plan to save having to get a 3 or local sim.

USA (United States of America) is a Roam-further destination
As this is a Roam-further destination you’ll only be charged £6 a day to use your UK allowance of data, minutes and texts. This is true of any of our 104 Roam-further destinations [PDF: 971KB] – and you'll only pay on the days you use your phone. A day is midnight to 23:59 in the capital of the country you’re visiting.

Do you have an Unlimited Max plan?

Good news – you won’t have to pay a daily charge to roam this destination. If you bought a Red Entertainment plan between 4 September 2017 and 9 July 2019 or an Unlimited Max plan from 10 July 2017, you’ll benefit from Global Roaming Plus, That means you won’t pay roaming charges in our 48 Roam-free destinations, or in 29 of our Roam-further destinations [1.86MB PDF]

Other benefits in Roam-further destinations:

It's always free to receive standard rate calls and texts
You can use your UK allowance to call or text standard landlines and mobiles within the destination you're travelling to, as well as the UK
If you go over your inclusive allowance, you'll pay the same rates as you would in the UK
You can enjoy 4G (and 5G later this summer) in more destinations than with any other UK network.
it looks like as long as you have a plan that gives you the choice of free spotify/now tv/sky sports then you should get the free USA roaming
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Global Roaming Plus has been a feature of the above plans now for some time - i think the update is because they are removing global plus from a lot of the price plans... (i think) ie Red Entertainment.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02

Edited at 10:30 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Before it was called 'Unlimited Max Plan' it was called Vodafone RED Plan, but these plans are not cheap which is why I always recommend Three.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
Before it was called 'Unlimited Max Plan' it was called Vodafone RED Plan, but these plans are not cheap which is why I always recommend Three.
they actually work out very cheap when vodafone keep reapplying 30% discounts on upgrade

They've never actually told me anything about having access to any of the roam further destinations, I only stumbled across it by accident when checking something else earlier on
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
123Ellen
Earning More Ears

I didn't know they did that I'll have to look properly at the plans when my upgrade is due in a few months, Thanks!
123Ellen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
they actually work out very cheap when vodafone keep reapplying 30% discounts on upgrade

They've never actually told me anything about having access to any of the roam further destinations, I only stumbled across it by accident when checking something else earlier on
I suppose if they keep applying the 30% discounts then it will be cheap!

However I left Vodafone a few years ago due to rising costs and failure to match or do better than competitors. Oh well!
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lukeysmom
Helping Mickey

Mobile

So is it free now in USA or still £6 a day? We normally get a 3 Sim...
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by lukeysmom View Post
So is it free now in USA or still £6 a day? We normally get a 3 Sim...
It is free on certain contracts, e.g I upgraded early last September as my existing contract was not free to use in US, but all new Red Entertainment packages were. Best to check with Vodafone first.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

I used my Vodafone in New York recently and didn’t incur any extra charges. Data, Calls and Texts included the same as in UK!

Mine is a Vodafone RED entertainment plan and while it’s not as cheap as others it’s handy to be able to use my existing number in most places I travel to.
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Halsteragain
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

If you are with Vodafone but not on the free USA roaming tariff you can upgrade to it just before you go and then cancel it when you get back. We worked out it would cost us about £12 for 3 weeks. Better than £6 a day.
Halsteragain is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List