Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jul 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I don’t mean to belittle your concerns but what is it you’re actually worried about? Have I missed something? If it’s the chants at the rally, surely it’s a verbal attack on particular politicians? Or has something else happened that I’ve missed?
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Joshie, clearly I'm missing your point. Could you explain, please?
No wonder some people worry about posting at times - Universal VR, I don’t watch the news much so also ‘am missing something’
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I never even thought anything about it to be honest. Its usually only a few prats who do these things. Look at our own country! The media is the worse of all reporting things that are just untrue but twisting them to sound more controversial Even the Trump saying 'go back to where you came from' is untrue if you read what he actually wrote. Dont give it a thought and just enjoy your holiday.
"Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it's done."
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Universal VR - Sorry I deleted my post as I try not to get involved in politics on this forum but to say it is just a comment at a rally about one politician is misguided and shows no understanding of what is happening in the USA at the moment. That is what I meant by my comment that you have missed something.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Universal VR - Sorry I deleted my post as I try not to get involved in politics on this forum but to say it is just a comment at a rally about one politician is misguided and shows no understanding of what is happening in the USA at the moment. That is what I meant by my comment that you have missed something.
If I understood UniversalVR she was asking if it was something else ie she didn't know? I'm in the same boat to be honest, I don't know what the OP has seen or read to make them think of cancelling their trip.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
No wonder some people worry about posting at times - Universal VR, I don’t watch the news much so also ‘am missing something’
I don't believe Universal VR was being rude but was seeking clarification, and in all honesty I didn't understand why the op was even considering cancelling their holiday many months away. If someone asks for opinions on here it is reasonable that people ask questions for clarity, or give them opinions which aren't always covered in pixie dust.

Perhaps there is a good reason why the op is concerned, and for all we know they might wear a burka and feel more vunerable walking around Orlando in view of Trump's silly comments?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
If I understood UniversalVR she was asking if it was something else ie she didn't know? I'm in the same boat to be honest, I don't know what the OP has seen or read to make them think of cancelling their trip.
I agree. Whilst the situation is most definitely more than just verbal abuse at a rally, I still can’t work out why it would mean cancelling at holiday.

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I don't believe Universal VR was being rude but was seeking clarification, and in all honesty I didn't understand why the op was even considering cancelling their holiday many months away. If someone asks for opinions on here it is reasonable that people ask questions for clarity, or give them opinions which aren't always covered in pixie dust.

Perhaps there is a good reason why the op is concerned, and for all we know they might wear a burka and feel more vunerable walking around Orlando in view of Trump's silly comments?
No, I know she wasn’t being rude at all. My comment was in reference to one that’s been deleted now.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m not trying to be rude - honestly! But maybe if some posters did watch the news and put the chants at the rally into context they might just understand where the OP is coming from.
I certainly do, so much so that I remarked to my DH today that our next trip may be our last for a while and not because I have concerns for our personal safety.

Edited at 10:08 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

I understand the concerns the OP has, however there are many countries you could voice worries over for one reason or another.
Everyone has the right to express how they feel with their feet and boycott countries for personal reasons but I wouldn’t feel that safety would be a direct concern.

Edited at 10:30 PM.
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread