Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jul 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
unitedtrekkie
Getting Excited

I linked my Disney tickets to MDE account a couple of weeks back, I was outside the 60 days then but now it's 55 days and it tells me to link my booking, when I try it says this booking has already been linked? annoying!

Edited at 08:47 PM.
unitedtrekkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
Oh I thought it was the actual booking reference in my paperwork
I thought this too and spoke to them via online chat and they told me they would send an email with it on. It’s literally another booking confirmation but Under the additional information your confirmation number will be there

Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I thought this too and spoke to them via online chat and they told me they would send an email with it on. It’s literally another booking confirmation but Under the additional information your confirmation number will be there

My correspondence doesn’t have that. It says:

“What you need to do next

To take advantage of MyMagic+ benefits simply log in to mydisneyexperience, create your account and then link your unique Thomas Cook
booking reference to start planning your perfect Disney holiday.

Use My Disney Experience as your digital guide to the maFix”

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah they’ll send you another confirmation in a few days with the Disney reservation number added on under the additional information
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Yeah they’ll send you another confirmation in a few days with the Disney reservation number added on under the additional information
Really? I’m not so sure. TC website says

“You can use your booking confirmation number and surname to link your Disney Resort hotel reservation in My Disney Experience. Simply visit Disneyworld.co.uk, login to your account and select My Reservations from the My Disney Experience menu at the top-right of the page. Although you will need to allow 48 hours after your booking before you can do this.”

No mention of a specific reference, just use Booking Confirmation Number?

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Really? I’m not so sure. TC website says

“You can use your booking confirmation number and surname to link your Disney Resort hotel reservation in My Disney Experience. Simply visit Disneyworld.co.uk, login to your account and select My Reservations from the My Disney Experience menu at the top-right of the page. Although you will need to allow 48 hours after your booking before you can do this.”

No mention of a specific reference, just use Booking Confirmation Number?
Honestly this is what they did with me, although when I linked it using that confirmation number on my booking on MDE it does now show the TC reference number. If your not sure contact them via online chat, I find them really helpful and informative.
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Having a nightmare

TC on love chat first said they only give references for park tickets and not hotels. The I called and they said “what do you want us to do about it” and then went off the phone
Old 21 Jul 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Having a nightmare

TC on love chat first said they only give references for park tickets and not hotels. The I called and they said “what do you want us to do about it” and then went off the phone
so they cut you off? I'd be back on the phone asking for a manager then ...

eta - it may be, depending on when you actually booked, that the "48 hours" doesn't include weekends, so it may be that your booking won't show to link to MDE anyway until tomorrow. I'd still be contacting a manager at this point to let them know about the communication problems you've had so far though.

Edited at 09:32 AM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
so they cut you off? I'd be back on the phone asking for a manager then ...

eta - it may be, depending on when you actually booked, that the "48 hours" doesn't include weekends, so it may be that your booking won't show to link to MDE anyway until tomorrow. I'd still be contacting a manager at this point to let them know about the communication problems you've had so far though.
Yep I called back
Apparently the Disney team don’t work weekends so I have a number to call tomorrow

Not the stress I need!

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks-Mum
Excited about Disney

Sorry I have been off-line since I posted

The number I called was 0800 16 90 730

This is the uk number that links through to the us office for technical support with MDE. They were very helpful.

Good luck, sorry to hear it is causing stress. I’m sure you will have an amazing holiday