Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jul 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Bother
Trying for More Ears

Alamo - MCO & Full Size SUV

Hello

We have booked a full size SUV for our forthcoming trip. Paperwork says Ford Expedition or similar.
I was just wondering what are the chances of us getting a Ford Expedition ?
Reason being we really fancy one.
Are we within our rights to ask for one if available ?
Are there any other makes & models people would recommend if a Ford Expedition isn't available ?

Thanks
Oh Bother is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

We were there three weeks ago and I was allocated a Nissan Armada. I asked for something US built but they said they didn’t have anything. There were a few Expeditions but they were the longer ones and labelled as Premium so weren’t available. The Armada was fine but when we’re back next week I’m going to walk the row and see what’s there before they go into the building to get the keys as they seem reluctant to go back in if you query what they allocate.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. You have no rights whatsoever. The words to focus on are ''or similar'' What is there is what you will get.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Bother
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. You have no rights whatsoever. The words to focus on are ''or similar'' What is there is what you will get.
Thank you. Are there any other makes or models you would recommend ?
Oh Bother is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Oh Bother View Post
Thank you. Are there any other makes or models you would recommend ?
Sorry I can't help on that size, never thought they were worth the money. I was a Luxury Saloon person followed now by Standard SUVs

But saying that every now and then a bargain or glitch pops up and I would jump on that as the Standards can be dire.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaja
Earning More Ears

We had a Chevy Tahoe in June and loved it. I was offered a Nissan Armada at first but managed to convince the guy at Alamo to give us a Tahoe. I drive a Nissan at home, so wanted something different.
Gaja is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We were really lucky. When we got to the garage the guy looked at the paperwork, then at my 3 daughters and wife and 27 suitcases (ok, I did exaggerate that last bit) and said he had just the car. A 2019 Expedition. It was fabulous, loaded with extras and only had just over a thousand miles on the clock. Fully functional sat nav, heated and cooled seats, sunroof etc etc. It is big, and I mean big, seating 8 and still plenty of luggage room. Even the rear seats folded up and down eclectically. My twin daughters have Fiat 500's and they reckoned it was 3 times the length of their cars.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gaja View Post
We had a Chevy Tahoe in June and loved it. I was offered a Nissan Armada at first but managed to convince the guy at Alamo to give us a Tahoe. I drive a Nissan at home, so wanted something different.
How do you get on with the Tahoe's stick on the wheel for changing gears? It's the only thing that puts me off the Tahoe if I'm being honest.
Old 22 Jul 19, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Oh Bother View Post
Hello

We have booked a full size SUV for our forthcoming trip. Paperwork says Ford Expedition or similar.
I was just wondering what are the chances of us getting a Ford Expedition ?
Reason being we really fancy one.
Are we within our rights to ask for one if available ?
Are there any other makes & models people would recommend if a Ford Expedition isn't available ?

Thanks
We arrived on Thursday and had a Full Size SUV booked.
The row was full of Expedition Max’s and Suburbans.
I asked the Alamo guy for a Tahoe or Expedition.
He popped in the hut and came out with 2 sets of keys.
He said there were no Tahoe’s or Normal Expedition’s, just a Nissan Armada or an Infinti QX80!
The Infiniti is a 7 seater Luxury SUV, so he was quite happy to give me something 2 classes up but not any of the Premiums which are only 1 class up.🤔
It’s not the prettiest but it’s only done 2900 miles and it’s got bells and whistles on the bells and whistles!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We had an Expedition Limited for the past three weeks.
It did the job but to be honest it was junk. Others seem to rate the Tahoe so might try this next time.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List