Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jul 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
If you are going to fret then yes pick your time outside of rush hour/weekend peak and go and get them. There's no point in ruining your holiday with worrying when there's a relatively quick solution.

Just asked OH what he would do, he said he'd go get them as he'd fret that FedEx would lose them and he'd feel uneasy until he had them in his hand , it also occurred to me that if you needed medical treatment a hospital would want to see your passport.
It was actually dreaming last night that I needed them for an emergency hospital visit that made my mind up for me. That and one we saw a whale eat a dinosaur in front of us today 😆

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Technically the hotel shouldn't have allowed you to check in without a passport as you aren't a US citizen.

The next hotel may not be so accommodating so I'd be going back to get the passports.

You could go tonight without even telling the others if it's an hour away it will take you 2.5 hours max to sort it all (oh and a decent cash reward for the finder)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Enjoy the whale watching and try and enjoy the rest of the day. I'm glad you decided to go back, it will help you relax for the rest of the trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Technically the hotel shouldn't have allowed you to check in without a passport as you aren't a US citizen.

The next hotel may not be so accommodating so I'd be going back to get the passports.

You could go tonight without even telling the others if it's an hour away it will take you 2.5 hours max to sort it all (oh and a decent cash reward for the finder)
Technically that's incorrect, all the hotel needs is ID from one person so driving licence is more than adequate (many Americans don't even own passports)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh Alicia I really feel for you. Hope you have them in your hand soon to give you peace of mind. X

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I love the fact that dibbers are on first name terms with each other.

I've been a dibber since 2012 but never got that close to any other dibbers... fair play to you all.

I hope the passports arrive without a hitch.

Old 21 Jul 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Technically that's incorrect, all the hotel needs is ID from one person so driving licence is more than adequate (many Americans don't even own passports)
That’s true, I get asked for ID but not passport and my driving licence is fine.

Hope you have a quick enough journey to retrieve them and then have some piece of mind.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 04:16 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve got them! 5 and a half hour round trip this morning, but was back in Monterey by 11.30 so didn’t impact on our plans for the day. I’m so pleased they are in my possession now.
Thank you everyone for your advice x

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
I love the fact that dibbers are on first name terms with each other.

I've been a dibber since 2012 but never got that close to any other dibbers... fair play to you all.

I hope the passports arrive without a hitch.
I love it too. I think it helps that a few of us do trip reports so I feel like I know some Dibbers personally even though I’ve not met them. Well apart from Abby that is!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
So glad you managed to get them, you will be relieved, enjoy the rest of your holiday, hope you're doing a trip report this year

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List