Notices

Old 14 Apr 16, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Wicked Spoon is such a great food place

The hop on and Hoff bus tour is good fun

Also some of the small shops by the big wheel I forget the name of where the shops are but very easy to find
I've actually seen a few people talk about the Wicked Spoon, where abouts is it?

Are you talking about The Linq? I know there are a few shops around there and thats all by the Big Wheel!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Great plans! Very similar to what we want to do.

The scoot city tour looks great doesn't it. I think we fancy three red rock canyon one. Can't wait to do slotzilla, it looks so much fun!
Some of the rides on the stratosphere look terrifying and I'm usually an adrenaline junkie but even I'm not sure about some of them!

All of that food and drink looks lush. Yum!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessCastle View Post
Great plans! Very similar to what we want to do.

The scoot city tour looks great doesn't it. I think we fancy three red rock canyon one. Can't wait to do slotzilla, it looks so much fun!
Some of the rides on the stratosphere look terrifying and I'm usually an adrenaline junkie but even I'm not sure about some of them!

All of that food and drink looks lush. Yum!
Scoot City looks so much fun! I am really excited to try that, I'm going to book it next week, I really hope the Groupon offer is still available!

I did the Stratosphere rides on a family holiday when I was like 13, there were pretty scary, but so much fun! I can't really remember them, so definitely want to do them again!

I love American food, so I'm so excited for that

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 16, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds like a great trip. We love Mon Ami Gabi ask for the outside seating or a table in the window so you can take in the Bellagio fountains.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Sounds like a great trip. We love Mon Ami Gabi ask for the outside seating or a table in the window so you can take in the Bellagio fountains.
Perfect, thank you. Do you think we would need to make a reservation here, or would we be able to turn up?

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 20 Apr 16, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Shows -

So far we have only planned two shows, we may decide to see another as I'm quite keen to see Absinthe however, this isn't a definite, we will wait until we are over there and see if we can get some good prices from one of the ticket booths such as Tix4Tonight.

Cirque Du Soleil "O"

A number of people have told me that we have to see a Cirque show, I love going to the theatre and I watch a variety of shows but, I've never seen a Cirque show. I've spoken to a few people and also seen people on the Dibb say that "O" at the Bellagio, is one of the best shows they have seen. So we booked this for Tuesday 7th June at 9pm, this is one of the more expensive shows and we paid about $132 per person.

Thunder from Down Under

Well, I won't go in to much detail for this one but no girls holiday would be complete without an "adult" themed show.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 1 May 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi

I was excited to spot your pre trippie!

We are going to Vegas in 2 weeks time for 11 days

Can't wait & looking at doing similar things to yourselves. We have been once before for a very short trip so looking forward to going back. It's good to see that you are going for a decent length of time as some people have said to us that we are going for too long but the way I see it is that it is a very long way to travel from the UK plus there is so much going on.

We did the Grand Canyon trip that you are looking at before with Papillon, it was very good. This time we are looking at doing a South Rim tour which is a very long way to get to but as we are there for a while - why not! We have found a good trip via Grand Adventures on the web with fab reviews.

We have been looking at a lot of reviews on You Tube about buffets, restaurants etc there is so much choice so I don't think we will run out of places to eat. I must recommend the Shake Shack for burgers at New York New York though, we visited them when in 'actual'! New York last December & they were epic & only around 7dollars, what a bargain!

Cirque shows are undecided, possibly the Michael Jackson one? We saw Jersey Boys last time & that was very good.

Claire X
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tclaireh View Post
Hi

I was excited to spot your pre trippie!

We are going to Vegas in 2 weeks time for 11 days

Can't wait & looking at doing similar things to yourselves. We have been once before for a very short trip so looking forward to going back. It's good to see that you are going for a decent length of time as some people have said to us that we are going for too long but the way I see it is that it is a very long way to travel from the UK plus there is so much going on.

We did the Grand Canyon trip that you are looking at before with Papillon, it was very good. This time we are looking at doing a South Rim tour which is a very long way to get to but as we are there for a while - why not! We have found a good trip via Grand Adventures on the web with fab reviews.

We have been looking at a lot of reviews on You Tube about buffets, restaurants etc there is so much choice so I don't think we will run out of places to eat. I must recommend the Shake Shack for burgers at New York New York though, we visited them when in 'actual'! New York last December & they were epic & only around 7dollars, what a bargain!

Cirque shows are undecided, possibly the Michael Jackson one? We saw Jersey Boys last time & that was very good.

Claire X
Hi!

Thank you for reading so far, it's good to see other people doing the same things as you isn't it? A few people have said the same to me, that we are going for too long, but I feel the same way as you, it is such a long way to travel for only a few days and the jet lag/ being ill on my last trip really affected me.

That's interesting to hear about the South rim tour, do you mind me asking if this is a bus or helicopter trip? I will look in to the website you used.

I know what you mean about the eating side of things, there are sooo many places I wanted to try! Shake Shack is definitely on the list! I have seen Instagram pictures and they look so good. We went to In N Out burger when we were last in Vegas and that was really good, I was very drunk though so don't remember what I ordered haha. I just know that I enjoyed it .

I really want to try The Buffet at the Bellagio, I have been once before when I was much younger, but I think the option of unlimited prosecco is drawing me in! But The Wicked Spoon has some great reviews also, so I might try there as well.

My uncle always says how amazing the Jersey Boys show is and he has also seen the Michael Jackson Cirque show and highly recommends it.

Where will you be staying? x

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 4 May 16, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Hi!

Thank you for reading so far, it's good to see other people doing the same things as you isn't it? A few people have said the same to me, that we are going for too long, but I feel the same way as you, it is such a long way to travel for only a few days and the jet lag/ being ill on my last trip really affected me.

That's interesting to hear about the South rim tour, do you mind me asking if this is a bus or helicopter trip? I will look in to the website you used.

I know what you mean about the eating side of things, there are sooo many places I wanted to try! Shake Shack is definitely on the list! I have seen Instagram pictures and they look so good. We went to In N Out burger when we were last in Vegas and that was really good, I was very drunk though so don't remember what I ordered haha. I just know that I enjoyed it .

I really want to try The Buffet at the Bellagio, I have been once before when I was much younger, but I think the option of unlimited prosecco is drawing me in! But The Wicked Spoon has some great reviews also, so I might try there as well.

My uncle always says how amazing the Jersey Boys show is and he has also seen the Michael Jackson Cirque show and highly recommends it.

Where will you be staying? x
Hello

THe south rim tour is by mini bus, now it is crazy travelling time I will warn you - you leave at 9.30 am & don't get back until 12 midnight! It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea
The reason we picked it was because my friend did a RV holiday a few years ago and she said the that the sunset is to die for & they are the only ones who do it. The reviews on TA are great, they pick you up at the hotel & you get breakfast & lunch included. They stop at various places on the way to break things up - I'm looking forward to it but that's another reason to stay in LV a bit longer, it gives you a chance to do the things you usually wouldn't have the time to do!

We are staying at the Tropicana, don't laugh the reviews have not been great, they were when we booked it! We booked it as a package through VH & only paid £2k all in with no resort fees, we would have liked to have stayed at the Cosmo (we stayed at the Bellagio last time & liked the look of it) but that was double so just couldn't justify it! We have another holiday to go back to NYC at the end of the year so can't grumble!

Whereabouts is In & Out in Vegas, I have heard good things about their burgers? Also great tip about the Bellagio Buffet, how come I stayed there & didn't know about the Prosecco - sounds like a plan. We were also looking at the Wicked Spoon, sounds good.

I'm getting really excited now, its great to share the tips X
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tclaireh View Post
Hello

THe south rim tour is by mini bus, now it is crazy travelling time I will warn you - you leave at 9.30 am & don't get back until 12 midnight! It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea
The reason we picked it was because my friend did a RV holiday a few years ago and she said the that the sunset is to die for & they are the only ones who do it. The reviews on TA are great, they pick you up at the hotel & you get breakfast & lunch included. They stop at various places on the way to break things up - I'm looking forward to it but that's another reason to stay in LV a bit longer, it gives you a chance to do the things you usually wouldn't have the time to do!

We are staying at the Tropicana, don't laugh the reviews have not been great, they were when we booked it! We booked it as a package through VH & only paid £2k all in with no resort fees, we would have liked to have stayed at the Cosmo (we stayed at the Bellagio last time & liked the look of it) but that was double so just couldn't justify it! We have another holiday to go back to NYC at the end of the year so can't grumble!

Whereabouts is In & Out in Vegas, I have heard good things about their burgers? Also great tip about the Bellagio Buffet, how come I stayed there & didn't know about the Prosecco - sounds like a plan. We were also looking at the Wicked Spoon, sounds good.

I'm getting really excited now, its great to share the tips X
Oh that does actually sound really good, I would love to try something else and tbh the travel time wouldn't really bother me. The only reason we're thinking of doing the helicopter tour is becuase Amy has never been before, so I didn't know if that would be more wow/ spectacular? Are you going to pre book the south rim tour or wait until you get there? I might look at the options whilst we are over there and see if she would be interested in doing that.

Completely agree, 5 days in Vegas wasn't enough for me, I did the main things I wanted to do, but still missed loads out.

Tbh I don't think the hotel matters too much, it's all about being there at the end of the day isn't it? As long as you have somewhere comfortable to sleep! You never spend much time in the room anyway! But I understand what you mean, I would have loved to stay at the Venetian, but the price was far too high, and like you I am going away at the end of the year so needed to budget for that too.

I'm not sure if you have a car? In N Out isn't on the strip, its like a 5/10 minute drive from Caesars Palace, it's positioned just off the strip near to where The Rio Hotel is. We got a taxi to take us there through the drive thru in our drunken state

I actually heard about the unlimited prosecco on the Dibb, I googled it and the option is there, you have to pay a little more for the addition of the prosecco, but you are on holiday after all .

I agree, I am so glad I decided to write this, hearing everyones little tips is so great and gets you in the holiday spirit! x

Orlando 16 - Food Report