Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 16, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

1 night AMI stay, worth it?

I'm rejigging our split stay plans for next summer to accommodate our WDW stay coming up cheaper for 8 nights than 7, by playing with our dates. This way we'd be doing 4 nights universal, 8 nights WDW and 7 nights at our friends' apartment at LBV resort.

Leaves the option for adding 1 night at Anna Maria Island, somewhere we've never visited but would love to, following the Universal stay. I'm just thinking I might really regret 1 night as opposed to the 3 we had originally wanted. Looking at the other stays/dates, I can't see a better way to do it without compromising the much-wanted nights at the other places.

For those who have done a night to a few nights at AMI, your views on whether a single night can be maximised, would be appreciated

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

i think if you can make it effectively 2 days but one night by arriving early and leaving AMI late then yes! two days on the beach and possibly maximising by watching 2 sunsets would be good for me. i'm not much of a beach person and we did 7 nights in AMI last year and have to say that we prefer Orlando etc as we like to keep busy. 2 days on teh beach would be my ideal amount
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by snowdrop100 View Post
i think if you can make it effectively 2 days but one night by arriving early and leaving AMI late then yes! two days on the beach and possibly maximising by watching 2 sunsets would be good for me. i'm not much of a beach person and we did 7 nights in AMI last year and have to say that we prefer Orlando etc as we like to keep busy. 2 days on teh beach would be my ideal amount
That's great to hear! Want to see it more for the area/coastline/feel of it tbh...it'll be baking hot so will only venture onto the beach for brief periods, but hoping to catch a gorgeous sunset! Where did you stay and would you recommend it?

An early start should be fine...is AMI around 3 hours from Orlando?

We'll be heading to Disney from there so am thinking we'll probably leave mid afternoon to make sure we're not late checking-in, but we can see how we feel on that front.

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Edited at 07:41 PM.
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

We've done a couple of day trips to AMI as well as stayed on the island so an overnight stay is very doable. We are booked into a condo we have stayed in before at Christmas but they have a minimum 2 night stay so can't help with 1 night sorry.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SunbreezeFL View Post
We've done a couple of day trips to AMI as well as stayed on the island so an overnight stay is very doable. We are booked into a condo we have stayed in before at Christmas but they have a minimum 2 night stay so can't help with 1 night sorry.
Thankyou...what would you recommend for a whistle stop tour? Children are 12,7 and 5 and will be more than happy in a pool or exploring a little. Want to make the most of the brief stay but take it very easy.

Old 29 Sep 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

We have booked a one night stay in March next year to get a feel for the place. Really looking forward to it. Got a one night booking at the tradewinds.
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread