Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Apr 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

February Florida Fun - Day 6, shopping and Zombies!

We had a quieter day planned for today. We didn’t have any morning rush, and after a more relaxed start, headed over to the Vineland outlets. I went with our older two boys into the Disney Character Warehouse, and ended up buying two mugs, a Magic Kingdom 40th Anniversary mug and a Starbucks California Adventure mug (a real bargain, think it was $2.99). Sebastian desperately wanted to use some of his spending money to get a Coco theatre for Skullectables (he’d seen it on YouTube apparently…) which was $14.95, Alex got some kind of blind bag plastic Mickey figure thing, and I bought a cute cuddly Bambi for Barnaby’s birthday for $3.99 (though it turns out that in Barnaby’s hand, cute Bambi is in fact an aggressive animal who attacks his other cuddly toys!)

We met up with everyone else at the food court to get some lunch, I went to Villa Italian to get children’s meals which I think were $5.99 for either a slice of pizza or some pasta with a drink (sadly only fizzy drinks which mine don’t like – luckily I had brought water with us) and a cookie. We couldn’t decide what to have, but having tried some of Barnaby’s macaroni cheese it was lovely, and as I didn’t want a big meal I got another child’s meal and had that!

In the Adidas outlet I found some lovely mint green trainers for me which were only $29.99, and we picked up a few things in the Old Navy shop too including a top for me for $7. Unfortunately I picked up one top for Barnaby which I thought was 30% off but actually was the full price which was more than I intended to pay really. David got a gilet in North Face.

We spent a surprisingly long time in the end at the outlets, and ended up abandoning our plan to do mini golf on the way back as time was getting on. We went back to the villa, and decided that we would cook fajitas there this evening, so Steve and I left David and Anna in charge of all the kids and headed to Walmart to get things for it. This took much longer than we thought to find everything, there were about 50 types of salsa, but guacamole was really hard to find, even the shop assistants seemed to have no idea. We did track it down in the end! And because the whole shop is huge, it takes ages to walk back and forth looking for things. Then we got charged for too many packs of tortillas so had to go to the desk for a refund. By the time we got back to the villa again, we realised that it was going to be too late for the kids if we started cooking now, so we decided we’d do the fajitas the next night and go and get takeaway pizza from Cicis! Luckily I had bought some pasta in Walmart so cooked some for Barnaby with pesto so that he could get to bed.

Sebastian had been desperate for a while to see the new Disney Channel movie, Zombies, which had its premiere in the US tonight but wouldn’t be on at home for another month. I’d said before we came that he could watch it if it fitted in, so we put that on for the boys, and in the end they went and sat outside and watched it (there was an outside TV!) whilst eating pizza, then had some pool time too, as they wanted a nighttime swim. We have since seen Zombies many more times at home!

Apologies for the lack of photos today!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Glad you managed to find some bargains in Character Warehouse, we weren't so lucky. I like the idea of playing house in the villa cooking dinner.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I think it is just luck what they have in, our friend Anna went back another night to get the MK mug we had, and they were all gone just a few days later, they had loads when we went.

In some ways cooking in the villa is a nicer idea in theory than practice, by the time you find everything in the supermarket then work out an unfamiliar kitchen!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh dear lost in the maze of walmart! Still pizza from cici isn't a bad alternative!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
TV and pizza by the pool. Lovely. Nice relaxing day.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh dear lost in the maze of walmart! Still pizza from cici isn't a bad alternative!
No, I do like Cicis pizza, and it's good value too!

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
TV and pizza by the pool. Lovely. Nice relaxing day.
Definitely nice to have a more relaxed day after lots of full on park days!
Old 1 May 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

I am desperately trying to avoid having a shopping day in my plans. I don't think my ot will allow me to escape it though. I'm actually looking forward to a couple of relaxing villa days as much as any of the parks!
You trying to find guacamole really reminded me of a time in 2011 when me and my dad popped out to Walmart on our first night to get some breakfast things for the next day. We were gone for hours and 90% of the time was looking for Lard or fat to fry with. The store staff looked at us like we were speaking French and the only thing we ended up with was that 1 calories per spray stuff.
Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
I am desperately trying to avoid having a shopping day in my plans. I don't think my ot will allow me to escape it though. I'm actually looking forward to a couple of relaxing villa days as much as any of the parks!
You trying to find guacamole really reminded me of a time in 2011 when me and my dad popped out to Walmart on our first night to get some breakfast things for the next day. We were gone for hours and 90% of the time was looking for Lard or fat to fry with. The store staff looked at us like we were speaking French and the only thing we ended up with was that 1 calories per spray stuff.
Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip
Could you leave everyone else to go shopping and stay at the villa?! David was quite happy to go shopping as he wanted to go to North Face and to get some new Levis.

We had the others joking when we got back from walmart that we must have popped into a park for a few rides we'd been gone so long! I still don't get why they had so many types of salsa and yet so little guacamole!
Old 1 May 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Could you leave everyone else to go shopping and stay at the villa?! David was quite happy to go shopping as he wanted to go to North Face and to get some new Levis.

We had the others joking when we got back from walmart that we must have popped into a park for a few rides we'd been gone so long! I still don't get why they had so many types of salsa and yet so little guacamole!
Now that is a very good idea! If they will agree to leave me in the hot tub with a beer for the afternoon I’ll be happy! I don’t fancy my chances and would hate to think what they would do with my credit card if I wasn’t there!
It looks like you had a great time and I’m glad to see you have another count down
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List