Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Mar 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Tell me your favourite chicken/veggie dishes please!

Looking for some inspiration having recently cut red meat out of my diet .

Edited at 02:06 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Chicken curry. (Made with Goldfish curry paste).

In a wok just fry off chicken and onions, add mushrooms, made up curry sauce and peas, leave to simmer until thickens.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

any curry where i use chicken thighs and cook it slowly, although i'm a big fan of thai red/green curry when it comes to chicken (i prefer beef/mutton for Indian and Caribbean curries)

you could do a lot worse than browsing ATK for inspiration...

americastestkitchen/...browse/poultry

*edit*
also this is on my bookmark list of things to try making soon...
greatcurryrecipes/2016/09/17/chicken-65/

Edited at 02:46 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Cowboy beans - Tin of butter beans, tin kidney beans, tin cannellini beans (I double up on these as we are a family of 6.

Put 2 sliced peppers in a pan cook till soft, add 2 garlic cloves after 60 seconds add all your beans. Make a stock with 2 veg stock cubes, 2 tablespoons tomato puree, smokey paprika, chipostle paste (add as much as you like depending on heat preference) . Add the stock to your beans and cook for about 20 mins. Take a masher and mash down some of the beans as this thickens the sauce. It is a favourite in our house.

We also love lentil curry with seabass and lentil soup.
Old 10 Mar 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I cook a lot of chicken based meals. Chicken stirfry, chicken pad Thai, chicken and chorizo tray bake, chicken casserole, chicken parmigiana etc I also use turkey mince instead of beef or lamb to make lasagne, spaghetti bolognese, chilli and cottage pie. I make my own burgers using turkey mince and cheese.

In fact I only eat beef or lamb now if I fancy a Sunday roast beef/lamb so possibly 3 times a year. I do use pork more often too, so use pork chops or joints, bacon and sausages for recipes and meals
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

This is so easy, tasty and minimal prep

gimmedelicious/baked-swe...icken-veggies/

Also a couple of slow cooker ones:

slowcookercentral/rec...alfredo-pasta/

wholesomeyum/crock-p...hicken-recipe/

Edited at 08:58 PM.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Slimming world chicken kebab on the pinch of nom website, really tasty. Skinless and boneless chicken thighs marinated in fat free natural yogurt, lemon juice, Garam masala, garlic powder, cumin, paprika and salt. Stick 3 long skewers into a large potato cut in half (for stability) thread each marinated piece onto skewers like a triangle and put in oven for an hour and a half.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My favourites:
Chicken and yogurt curry- Tom Kerridge recipe.
Chicken pasta bakes- just make this with a tin of tomatoes, pasta and paprika and then any veg and a bit of basil!
Slimming world chicken and chorizo paella and the Chinese banquet rice.

Chicken is so versatile, we eat it all the time and rarely eat red meats! 😁
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Chicken thai curry, buy a Thai herb mix and fry it with the chicken then add a green curry paste and a tin of coconut milk. Serve with boiled jasmine rice, lime and spring onion, it’s delicious. Chicken arabatia pasta is quick and easy, chicken tikka, coronation chicken, roast chicken plain or with garlic and rosemary. Chicken ceaser salad
Old 12 Mar 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Mexican based cuisine is very good for either chicken or veggie options and a few of my favourites are enchilada pie, fajitas (Halloumi is a good addition) or veggie chile. Most of the recipes I use are from the internet.