Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Jun 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I think it will be white chocolate. Could I then colour it pink?
I am a beginner but enthusiastic if nothing else 😂
Some colourings are a bit clumpy so I add that to the milk whist it heats then tip the coloured cream over the Chocolate rather than trying to colour the mixed ganache

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Some colourings are a bit clumpy so I add that to the milk whist it heats then tip the coloured cream over the Chocolate rather than trying to colour the mixed ganache
I’m starting to think I may be out of my depth! Think I’ll watch YouTube and see if I can manage
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sandra that’s amazing! What recipe did she use?
She made two chocolate sponges and two vanilla sponges and filled them with cut up strawberries and cream. She learned how to make Ganache with cream and dark chocolate and watched this lady.
Old 10 Jun 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m starting to think I may be out of my depth! Think I’ll watch YouTube and see if I can manage
My daughter said it took a long time but she made the cakes the day before. I didn’t help and she did it all herself, I think you will be fine and show us your pics after x
Old 10 Jun 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Very easy!
I make loads! What flavours are you going for? Have you got a picture of exactly what you’re hoping for?

This Black Forest is probably my current favourite.
The drip was a bit haphazard as I was rushing and used a spoon.
That looks incredible! Love black forest.

I've made 1 drip cake, at xmas & it was my 1st attempt & turned out much better than j thought it would be and jam certainly just a amateur don't over think it, I promise it simple x
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Ok. I’m going to give it a go but also have a back up plan. I can’t make the sponges the day before as rules state that we all must start at the same time. We do have all day so I think I will have enough time
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
katluc
Serious Dibber

Made this a few weeks ago for dd’s boyfriend xxx I’m no baker and didn’t find it too hard, just used an icing bag for the drip xxxx

NICKY
katluc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
katluc
Serious Dibber

Also made this one for dd’s work at the hospital where she works xxx only been doing them whilst I’ve been on furlough, obviously will stop once I’m back at work 😂

NICKY
katluc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by katluc View Post
Also made this one for dd’s work at the hospital where she works xxx only been doing them whilst I’ve been on furlough, obviously will stop once I’m back at work 😂

They are both fantastic, I’d be delighted if I could make anything half as good as yours! 😍
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Wrap and chill the sponges far as long as possible. you could shove them in the freezer? It’s so much easier to stack and scrape a chilled cake

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List