Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
I'm thinking the same but opposite. We were booked to take our camper to europe but cancelled the euro tunnel last week, we then decided we were going to take camper to Scotland but your still closed. Then thought maybe cornwall but I don't think cornwall will want us, so I'm wondering if Yorkshire will want us, this will be end of July beginning of August to celebrate a big birthday 😊
think you might be able to visit Scotland from the 15th July, so you could tour up here for your birthday? My holidays are set in stone first 2 weeks of July so I think my chances of doing anything are looking like nil ... I was 50 last year and had a massive 3 week trip to Orlando and a carribean cruise so I will just have to be content to have a quiet year and book another massive holiday when this is all over😄. Whatever you end up doing have a fab birthday 🍰 🥂
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by steel1203 View Post
think you might be able to visit Scotland from the 15th July, so you could tour up here for your birthday? My holidays are set in stone first 2 weeks of July so I think my chances of doing anything are looking like nil ... I was 50 last year and had a massive 3 week trip to Orlando and a carribean cruise so I will just have to be content to have a quiet year and book another massive holiday when this is all over😄. Whatever you end up doing have a fab birthday 🍰 🥂
Thank you! Yes we had a few nice hols planned for this year but we just got yo make the most of it. We might head up to Scotland yet then, I hope you can get away 😊🤞
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

It is so frustrating. We (Scottish) have a week booked in Keswick with friends from Wales. It is booked from 10th July and we won't know until 9th July if we can travel and if we can it will be from the 15th. The holiday company will not let us cancel. It is just unbelievable.

We run an airbnb in the Scottish Highlands and I have cancelled everyone until August at the earliest. It is just too unpredictable and not worth the hassle but to be on the other side of it and not be allowed to cancel is just downright disappointing.
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Originally Posted by *source* View Post
It is so frustrating. We (Scottish) have a week booked in Keswick with friends from Wales. It is booked from 10th July and we won't know until 9th July if we can travel and if we can it will be from the 15th. The holiday company will not let us cancel. It is just unbelievable.
That’s awful. We should have been in the Highlands and Outer Hebrides in April/May and had three self-catering cottages, three overnight hotels and a sea canoe tour booked. Most gave us a full refund and the others have held our deposit against a visit before the end of 2021, which is fine by me as we definitely plan to go next year instead.

At least if you’re not allowed to travel then it’s won’t be your fault and they should recognise that. Can you claim on insurance?
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by *source* View Post

We run an airbnb in the Scottish Highlands and I have cancelled everyone until August at the earliest. It is just too unpredictable and not worth the hassle but to be on the other side of it and not be allowed to cancel is just downright disappointing.
The latest update from the first minister this week is that Scots can travel anywhere in the UK from the 3rd July now, so you should be good to go! 👍🏻 😁
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m not sure about in Scotland, but the Welsh government are suggesting that Welsh people won’t be able to use the air bridges to travel when they open. We’ve booked Majorca in October so I’m hoping we will catch up by then 😔
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
That’s awful. We should have been in the Highlands and Outer Hebrides in April/May and had three self-catering cottages, three overnight hotels and a sea canoe tour booked. Most gave us a full refund and the others have held our deposit against a visit before the end of 2021, which is fine by me as we definitely plan to go next year instead.

At least if you’re not allowed to travel then it’s won’t be your fault and they should recognise that. Can you claim on insurance?
We got a refund! The Outer Hebrides fereies are still not running for tourists. That changes tomorrow so family can visit!
Which island are you going to? Sounds like a great trip!
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Well I have booked a dog friendly lodge in the Sollway Firth as tourism is starting to open up in Scotland, just delighted to get away from my house for a few days!
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List