Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I have April/May booked and personally I think there is a chance the borders will be open by then- however I don't think masks will have gone so we are wanting to push it back to September but I don't think that will come off either as the prices have more than doubled with Virgin for next summer since we booked May. I will see what my dates are like when they are released next month and take it from there- I agree with the points about the election causing prices to go up so it doesn't give me much time to sort it

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I have April/May booked and personally I think there is a chance the borders will be open by then- however I don't think masks will have gone so we are wanting to push it back to September but I don't think that will come off either as the prices have more than doubled with Virgin for next summer since we booked May. I will see what my dates are like when they are released next month and take it from there- I agree with the points about the election causing prices to go up so it doesn't give me much time to sort it
I think you're right. There's 2 questions in it really: will you go with heavy restrictions if borders open, or will you wait until everything goes back to 'normal'?

For me as soon as we're allowed I will be there. I'm honestly not sure how far away normality is, if that even exists anymore.
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

At some point the reality that there is / has been a lot of over hyped media frenzied approach to the Covid crisis. The problem is that governments can't simply back track in an instant because they would lose (even more) credibility.

I am not saying it hasn't been a problem, however the legacy hanging over us and the knock on effect to the tourist industry etc. is phenomenal and it cannot continue.

The sad part is that everyone will be eager to go on holiday whatever the cost and will load up credit cards and loans to go away rather than reel in the spending following events of 2020
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
At some point the reality that there is / has been a lot of over hyped media frenzied approach to the Covid crisis. The problem is that governments can't simply back track in an instant because they would lose (even more) credibility.

I am not saying it hasn't been a problem, however the legacy hanging over us and the knock on effect to the tourist industry etc. is phenomenal and it cannot continue.

The sad part is that everyone will be eager to go on holiday whatever the cost and will load up credit cards and loans to go away rather than reel in the spending following events of 2020
Some of us have this year's holiday money to spend on next year's holiday though.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Some of us have this year's holiday money to spend on next year's holiday though.
Indeed, and I would hope many do, but there will be those desperate to go away and put it 'on tick' regardless
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Indeed, and I would hope many do, but there will be those desperate to go away and put it 'on tick' regardless
I don’t see how others pay for their holiday has anything to do with anyone else.
In any event if our November trip doesn’t go ahead we will reschedule for April. Fingers crossed for April

Edited at 08:32 PM.
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

So how we all feeling about April right now?
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pinkie1983 View Post
So how we all feeling about April right now?
Not going to lie... it’s a concern. There’s no certainty we will get there. But fingers are crossed!
Old 17 Dec 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

i'm afraid i've jumped ship moved to Oct now. Could still happen but didn't want to go without shows / fireworks. Got everything crossed for you all x
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

I have to say I'm concerned too but we really want to go as we lost my Mum rather unexpectedly on the 1st.

I don't care if I have to wear a mask or there's no fireworks/shows but quarantining when we come back will be a definite no no.
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List