Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Oct 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I’ve had 3 cruises, 2 Disney trips and a trip to Morocco cancelled this year (wasn’t having 6 holidays, some were rescheduled which were then cancelled!) I’m not booking anything else until things are more certain. I won’t be going back to Disney until park hopping, fireworks and shows/parades are back - whenever that may be! I’m sure there will be lots of incentives everywhere to get people travelling and spending once life gets back to some semblance of normality, so I’m not having any further disappointment of cancelling trips.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

September 2021 trip cancelled. Tickets not worth the price without all the good stuff, fireworks, parades, shows and park hopping. Plus no guarantee the water parks will be open.

If mask wearing was still going to be in place, dont think we could bear that in the heat and humidity.

Last but not least, will the UK allow us to travel? will the USA let us in? 2022 seems a better bet at the moment.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Question Literally had my finger on the button to pay a deposit...

It's been really interesting reading everyone's posts on this subject - because it's how my mind changes from one hour to the next.

Yesterday I was all filled in online to pay a deposit for next May, knowing that with the protection in place I'd get a full refund. As everyone here knows, getting to Orlando isn't expensive - it's the same costs as a good holiday in Europe. It's the spending and tickets of course. We were booked to go again in September this year... fortunately got a full refund.

Then with the election, the current lockdowns happening in Europe and the re-classifying in the UK, I couldn't push the "Pay" button. Not yet.

My thoughts are, get to December - lots of paper talk about vaccines and see where we are then.

I love Orlando with a passion and save wherever possible to make sure the best time is had over there. To have false hope of going kind of puts the dampeners on the lovely feeling of anticipation and excitement.

So I wait.

Edited at 05:38 PM. Reason: Added this years trip...
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I'm really hoping that in the new year we'll get an indication that things are starting to return to normal.
I'm hoping that a vaccine will be approved and start roll out in spring.

DH has been made redundant and hopefully will have a new job by then.

I really don't fancy Florida while mask wearing is required. They stress me out.

We were planning a big blow out extended family trip next summer, but not sure now.

I hate that we can't go anywhere to escape at the moment. But it's not forever. Going to feel so good when we finally get back.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DorsetSeasider
Proud to wear my Ears

So we have booked for Nov 21, we were originally planning a big Disney holiday as it is our daughters 21st, my wifes 50th and our 20th wedding anniversary next year. Now that dates are available for beyond october next year we priced everything up but decided not to go with a Disney property as no offers making it value for money, so we are staying on idrive instead. We will visit WDW, Universal and Kennedy. Don't know how 'normal' it will be by then but can't wait until 2022!
DorsetSeasider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

The only restriction that would make me wait longer is masks. We would all still have a great time no matter whether there are FP or fireworks, although the more normality the better. No one knows what is waiting for us so I wouldn't particularly want to postpone any further.

Having said that if 2021 was going to be first or only visit it probably wouldn't be the best version of Disney.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
September 2021 trip cancelled. Tickets not worth the price without all the good stuff, fireworks, parades, shows and park hopping. Plus no guarantee the water parks will be open.

If mask wearing was still going to be in place, dont think we could bear that in the heat and humidity.

Last but not least, will the UK allow us to travel? will the USA let us in? 2022 seems a better bet at the moment.
How do you know none of the 'good stuff'' as you call it won't have returned by next September? A lot can happen in 11 months.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Ad long as we can get a flight , id be happy around the villa , tbh its all we were doing this year.
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

No. We’ve got a voucher from ocean Florida with our money from this years planned big Disney trip. We are going to save that in the hope we can get this trip in a few years! Next year we have got cheap flights and a Rosen hotel booked, we will hopefully do universal and Seaworld, Busch etc and other things like shopping depending on what the restrictions are. We won’t book any park tickets til much closer to the date.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We are in the same boat. Deposit only paid with rest due 3 weeks before. Got more DVC points than we have ever had before and need to see if we can use them. Already banked 200 into RCI. Will just wait and see now.
Same, we're hoping to book a cabin for a few nights at the end of our trip, something we've only ever dreamed about before at over 100 points a night - eek. May as well bask in the luxury given the opportunity!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List