Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Apr 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Chunky_WDW View Post
We've been to naples only the once so I can't offer much but we really enjoyed a mall called miromar outlet mall that's good if you enjoy shopping. But naples beach is a must I think we only found it by chance and were really lucky to park the car but I'm sure with a bit of research it will be easier. The beach is amazing white sand warm clear sea and a nice pier to walk along. ☺
chunky-wdw thanks for that, will plan it in for the DW and DD as im sure they will be looking for a bit of retail therapy, also will check the sat nav for naples beach.
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Miromar is the biggest and best outlet in SW Florida (off I-75 exit 123). Would also recommend Coconut Point Mall (off 1-41 between Naples and Ft Myers).
We use the 8th street (free) car park when going into Naples 5th Ave to shop or go to one of the many (37!) brilliant restaurants (come off the 1-41 just at the intersection of 9th St and 5th Ave (South) and look for the car park sign. You can also walk up 5th Ave (past Starbucks) right to a beach entrance.
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ash2005
Getting Excited

Naples Beach / Pier at sunset... really chilled ! Close to 5th Ave !

Anna Maria unmissable beach and vibe !

Clearwater...Seascreamer later the better before sunset !

Not really fussed on Miami although did not stay on Miami Beach...

Miromar outlets were good but about 30 miles north of Naples...Ellenton Outlets near Sarasota very similar !

Marco Island Beach Tiger Tail was not very good.

St Armands near Sarasota us nice.

I75 long boring road...but Tamiami Trail has loads of traffic lights...

Cheesecake Factory Coastland Mall Naples has no queues.

Best hotel on Gulf Coast was Ritz Carlton Sarasota...fantastic Beach Club...with wifi at your sun lounger.

Naples Grande also good.

Some of the mansions in Naples are unbelievable!

Some observations from our trips over the years !
ash2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

When you are heading for the Keys if you are near Homestead look out for Robert is Here - it is a farm shop with an amazing selection of fruit and veg and you can get wonderful smoothies and milkshakes.

Driving down the Keys we enjoyed Robbies for feeding the tarpon, Turtle Hospital, Dolphin rescue centre. Loreleis in Islamorada is lovely for a meal, tables right on the sand and amazing sunsets.

Keywest - Conch train is a good way of seeing Key West. Hemingway house is worth a visit and we enjoyed the Truman little Whitehouse as well. Kellys Bar, which is almost opposite the Whitehouse is good for food and also has an onsite microbrewery! Dont miss Mallory Square for the sunset festival.

When you get to Miami Beach the hop on hop off bus is a great way of seeing Miami.

On your way back to I drive its worth calling in to Sawgrass Mills for a bit more retail therapy, I think it is one of the biggest outlet malls in Florida.

Your trip sounds fantastic, we are hoping to do the Gulf Coast next time we visit as we have yet to see any of that side

Edited at 10:31 PM.
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I did a highs and lows report of our road trip last year. Look in photo trip reports at my name and it's called The Chilled One we did both Miami and Naples loved them both.

As someone said the outlet closest to Naples is very good. We much preferred it to idrive ones.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

many thanks for your posts, ash2005 & Rosered, put all them bits on my sheet, also feelingnuts, will read your TR and come back to you.

really appreciate everyone contributing, its the little titbits, that you give me that i feel can make a trip better.
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Hopefully the link below will be the trip report from last year. For food I always use Trip Advisor - you can define area, price and cuisine and 'Save Trip'. I typically have about 60 restaurants on it, but if you're driving, it makes sense to have a couple of good options in each town as we're never really sure what time we'll be in town and/or hungry.

Trip index Cape Coral, Orlando, Keys
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Naples area

if you like nature- look up the Corkscrew Swamp sanctuary

if any cars enthusiasts- the Revs Institute is fab and I'm not even a petrolhead
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

My brother in law used to live in Bonita Springs we spent a lot of days on Barefoot beach preserve a bit of info here tripadvisor.ie/Attractio...s_Florida.html well worth a visit on of the most beautiful places we visited
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Nothing useful to contribute but I noticed you are planning on going to Marathon Key. We spent one night here when we did a bit of a road trip way back in the last Millennia and it was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a few cheap places in my time). It actually made my skin crawl. I believe it may have been the place that the term "flea pit" was created for.

I can't remember the name of the place as I have tried to erase it from my memory but thank God it was only one night that we booked for.

I'm sure wherever you stay will be better and the area itself is lovely.