Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Apr 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

The Magic Cure: Day 15 HS & DS

30th Aug
HS

We arrived at the park this morning at 8:40. We hadn't set an alarm after the party the previous night, but we're up anyway. I just can't lie in at Disney especially not in the last few days when I know "this time next week I'll be back at work" .

We noted it was much quieter this morning and rope drop ended up being at 8:55. First up was TSM, and we were about 30 people from the front. There was a bit of hassle as a man pushed his embarrassed family in front of us and some others, he'd charged ahead of them. They were about 10 people behind us and wanted him to come to them using correct line etiquette, but in the end he won and they pushed past the 10 people including us apologising .

We were just about to get on the ride and all the lights came on. We've been evacuated off TSM before, but we're actually on the ride that time; unfortunately, this time we were merely at the front of the queue. We stayed put while some other people started to slank off. In the end we were told we would be led to track 2 and followed the CM, who led us out of the building! Fuming . Not because the ride was broken, but they'd lied to us. We hung around outside as there was an irate man telling a CM off, that is certainly not what we'd have done as it wasn't the CMs fault, but we thought if we hang around we can jump on anything they give him - hopefully some FP so we could ride later. We followed the earlier slankers suit and slanked off as security was called. He may have been getting a FP to the exit !

TSM ended up being down until around 10:30. We had a FP for TSM anyway at 9:30, which ended up being magic. While we waited we rode R'n'R, the queue was really backed up - probably due to the TSM issues.

Yep, we decided to pull funny faces, and this is the result .

After riding, we had a pretzel and cheese $15 and indulged in a mini moan. Perhaps it was hanger, tiredness or the general issues we'd encountered this morning, but we briefly lost the Disney spirit.

Look at my fake smile before eating. I'm assuming hanger was the culprit of our bad mood as it didn't last long though and we were back in our happy place. Once we'd put things into perspective - and food in our bellies - we were fine. Meltdown averted!

We changed a later FP for ST for TSM so we knew we'd be able to get on it. And then queued for TSM which had just opened. Once we came off the line had gone from 45mins when we entered to 90mins; it was still a little buggy and had a couple of threatened breakdowns.

We wandered round the park musing about the new areas coming over the next few years. I'm a little sad we won't see Star Wars until 2020, but adoption pending, we may get a sneaky trip in somewhere before then. We also reflected on how much we are missing things like the drawing; we felt there was very little left we needed to do so we decided to leave the park and go to DS photopassing on the way out. It was nice to wander down the canal to the Boardwalk, quiet and sunny.

Once at DS we thought for ages about where to eat, hum, no we didn't, we went straight to Blaze . It looked busy, but wasn't really as we easily got a seat. It was $26 and worth every cent...yum. We found a Mod when we went to London in January to watch Aladdin; we pretended to be in DS for a while, love Blaze pizza, love most pizza to be honest. Here's a pic of our delicious Blaze pizza concoctions for your enjoyment.

We wandered rounds DS and decided we'd go on the Balloon. We've been thinking about it for years, I did the one in Paris with some of my pupils and thought J would enjoy it. Look at our excited, expectant faces...

Unfortunately, if wasn't to be. we paid our money and waited in the basket, and waited, and waited... But it was too hot and the helium temp was too high - it only got hotter as we waited as there was barely a cloud in the sky. As we were exiting and getting a refund a kid said to his mum, "Oh man, ma, I've waited 10 years to go on that." She smiled at us and told us he was 10 !

We've kept hitting snags today. TSM, the Balloon; it was still a nice day though.

While in DS we decided to check about the upgrade, or bridging, our tickets as I had heard people had had success here with getting the lower price. The guy we spoke to was majorly unhelpful and quite annoying and rude. We didn't upgrade with him. His price was $230pp - I knew he hadn't bridged them properly .

Instead we treated ourselves to cupcakes from Sprinkles. I had a s'mores one and J had salted caramel. We also had 2 bottles of coke in metal bottles. It was $16 - no discount for DVC here; still, it they were lovely.

We walked through World of Disney and I had a Dark side Starbucks for $7.

It was one of the specials they have there but just ok - didn't have the coffee fix I needed. As we were at SSR we walked back to the hotel and I had a little sleep; this was turning out to be a much needed rest day even though it was close to the end of the holiday .

Catnap over, we headed back to HS for our TSM FP. However, we hit a little FP snag as we'd left the park earlier than expected we hadn't used our other tier 2 FP and our TSM was now not valid as we had used it earlier. We explained to the CM about the changes we'd made that morning as we were in the queue when it had broken down. She was lovely and gave us a paper FP for TSM. She also booked us into the Little Mermaid then took us over to the Little Mermaid scanned our bands and booked us a TSM one. Little bit of Disney magic, we no longer felt like we'd missed out on anything. Great service Disney and we didn't need to berate a CM like the guest we saw earlier in the day.

It was tea time (or dinnertime whatever you like to call it) I decided on nachos as I wasn't very hungry, they were $12 of meh! I think they were from Min and Bill's? J had a burger with onion straws and sauce $15, he said it was better than D-luxe. I think it was from Rosie's.

We did some pin trading and used a final TSM FP. As we came off we noted it was walk on, so did it again twice. I got the high score of the hour. I wouldn't let J go back on after that.

We took pics with Cruz as there was no queue and watched the SW fireworks. Then it was off to bed, see, we do do rest days .

As an aside, another photopass photographer used a fish eye today, it is probably one of my favourite pictures of the trip - I am definitely going to lean how to use mine properly, so expect 100s of fish eye shots in the next report

Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Another fab day!

Ah wouldn’t worry about missing Disney for a year, once the kids come along you’ll be going for a life time as mine tell me they are coming with me even when they have kids! 🙄

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Shame it wasn’t a perfect day but glad you made the most of it in the end. Your Blaze pizza looks as good as ever and those Sprinkles cupcakes look tasty!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

People like that guy complaining at TSMM drive me mad, whenever anything doesn’t go to plan in Disney I just remind myself where I am and that it’s a happy place. What’s the point getting yourself in a state over it!?

Your pictures with Cruz are way better than mine, that lighting.

Fabulous pictures of Galactic Spectacular, almost enough to convince me we have to do it again this year.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Aw don’t worry, a little one will change your life completely and think of all the new memories you will make , all worth it I assure you. I love blaze but ammorettes is up there as well. This was my My indulgent birthday treat. ( it’s tea btw )
You are killing me with your photopass photos . Ours were pretty 💩.
You are not competitive at all are you lol ( I wouldnt have let him go back on after I’d won either)
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh dear a bit of crankiness today. It goes that way sometimes when you feel like everything is sort of slipping away and you want to make the most of the little bit of time left so disruptions to the plan are not good!

Still the pizza at blaze looked really tasty again. Plus best in vehicle! Woop woop!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 12 Apr 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Hmm not sure I’d call that a rest day!
Nice to have a bit of Disney magic
Old 12 Apr 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I often seem to have one of those day and it’s usually the last full day of the holiday, at least the extra bit of pixie dust nearly made up for some of the frustrations. Your Spinkles look lush and I’m not normally fussed on the over sweetness of the cakes over there but I may need to sample them for research purposes! Your photos look great again today.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisaw1971 View Post
Another fab day!

Ah wouldn’t worry about missing Disney for a year, once the kids come along you’ll be going for a life time as mine tell me they are coming with me even when they have kids! 🙄
I hope so, we love Disney. I'm sure we'll train any child we get

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Shame it wasn’t a perfect day but glad you made the most of it in the end. Your Blaze pizza looks as good as ever and those Sprinkles cupcakes look tasty!
They were, I wanted to use the cupcake ATM, but they were filling it up. There was family waiting even though they could have gone inside to buy . The kids were insisting they HAD to use the ATM

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
People like that guy complaining at TSMM drive me mad, whenever anything doesn’t go to plan in Disney I just remind myself where I am and that it’s a happy place. What’s the point getting yourself in a state over it!?

Your pictures with Cruz are way better than mine, that lighting.

Fabulous pictures of Galactic Spectacular, almost enough to convince me we have to do it again this year.
Exactly, no point getting annoyed, it never gets you anywhere. "You catch more flies with honey" as they say.

Don't you like Star Wars we love it, can't wait for the new hotel so we can do missions

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Aw don’t worry, a little one will change your life completely and think of all the new memories you will make , all worth it I assure you. I love blaze but ammorettes is up there as well. This was my My indulgent birthday treat. ( it’s tea btw )
You are killing me with your photopass photos . Ours were pretty 💩.
You are not competitive at all are you lol ( I wouldnt have let him go back on after I’d won either)
Me? Competitive? Never We loved Amourettes too, we went in 2016; I want one of those birthday cakes, but it was too big (and not my birthday). Perhaps we should all organise a dibb meet and share one?

We had 400 photopass pics, some of them were terrible and not for internet consumption. I hate the ones where they tell you to kiss

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh dear a bit of crankiness today. It goes that way sometimes when you feel like everything is sort of slipping away and you want to make the most of the little bit of time left so disruptions to the plan are not good!

Still the pizza at blaze looked really tasty again. Plus best in vehicle! Woop woop!
The grumps didn't last long - lucky DH You are spot on, feeling you need to make the most of every last min puts pressure on. Toy Story will always help though...and food

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
Thanks Joan

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Hmm not sure I’d call that a rest day!
Nice to have a bit of Disney magic
I'd like to say you can rest at home, but it was straight back to work

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I often seem to have one of those day and it’s usually the last full day of the holiday, at least the extra bit of pixie dust nearly made up for some of the frustrations. Your Spinkles look lush and I’m not normally fussed on the over sweetness of the cakes over there but I may need to sample them for research purposes! Your photos look great again today.
Definitely need to try Sprinkles, purely in the name of research. We've only eaten all that food as we were "researching" for this report

Thanks all for reading and your comments
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List