Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Apr 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

10th Anniversary Day 12 The Luck of the Avatar

The alarm went off at 6.30 so I got up to see who was awake and whether we wanted to go to AK. Darren was awake and wasn’t bothered about going but was happy to if we wanted to. Alix was awake and wanted to but Matt didn’t feel up to going out so Darren, Alix and I quickly got ready and left the villa at 6.50. As we left the sprinklers were going off and there was no way to get to the car and avoid them so we had to run through them. That woke us up. We left thinking the traffic would be lighter at that time. We were amazed to find it was worse. Even using Old Lake Wilson Road, it was nearly 8.00am when we arrived and there were long lines waiting to go in. We knew we would have to wait quite a while so Alix asked Darren if he wanted to come in or just drop us off and go back and see if Matt wanted to do something a bit later. He jumped at the chance so we asked for drop off when we got to the gate and were directed to follow the blue line. We had difficulty seeing this with all the traffic but I knew it was usually on the right. Darren decided to take the exit, despite Alix and I screaming at him not to. So round we went again, through all of the entry line again. This time the attendant told us to head to the right. Alix and I grabbed our things but left our bags to avoid the bag check line and were entering the park at 8.10, 1 hour and 20 minutes after setting off.

As soon as we started walking I could feel a blister on my foot, the only day I hadn’t brought plasters as I had left them in my bag. It also felt quite cool but was really nice to be in the parks so early. As we were walking in Alix checked the wait times on the MDE app to find that FoP was already 130 minutes. This had gone up to 205 minutes as we entered Pandora and the line stretched across the park. There was no way we were waiting in that so decided to try Na’vi River Ride as that was only 30 minutes and we had never tried this. In the line Alix kept checking the app and we were both amazed when Alix managed to snag a FP for FoP for 10.05. We could not believe our luck! This is Alix's happy (smug) face!

The river ride was ok and we were glad we had done it but it wouldn’t be something we would rush back to.

When we were leaving Pandora it was difficult to find our way through as the standby line for FoP snaked all across the area, with various parts being roped off. The Iine was now at 4 hours.

We then headed to the Safari as this was only 15 minutes and this must have been the best safari we had ever done as there were lots of animals about and we got to hear the lion roar and see the baby elephant.

We then strolled through the gorilla trail and enjoyed seeing all of the animals here as we hadn’t been through here for a number of years.

It was then time for our FP and until the monitor turned green we didn’t quite believe it. I did feel a little guilty when passing everybody. This is Alix's can’t quite believe this face, as we wait in line.

We were on the ride in 20 minutes and still loved it so were so pleased we got to ride again. This time it felt like we were sprayed more than other times.

Once we left FoP everything had long lines but as we had done 3 of the major rides we were very happy, so we wandered the park and shared a drink.

[

When Darren picked us up Matt was with him and feeling much better. They had both enjoyed the morning playing in the pool and were pleased we had managed to ride FoP again. We called at the supermarket and debated what to do the rest of the day. We settled on staying in to help Matt recover as we had a busy day tomorrow and the day after we were going to AMI. We collected a Dominos for lunch and had a BBQ dinner and really enjoyed relaxing and playing in the pool and I read a bit more of my Hamilton biography. We always enjoy playing in the pool more when Alix joins us, as she did tonight. I was pleased we had stayed in as even though we have done plenty of relaxing we have often gone back out or come back late whereas today felt like we had a long time to chill.

The boys and I finished the day with a game of pool in the games room but both kids were in bed by 9.00. I sat on the balcony writing my trip report and listening to the water running in the pool next door, insects chirping and a family playing in the pool in the distance, while Darren watched TV. It was a very pleasant evening.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a jackpot getting those FoP FPs! If that ever happened to me I'd probably drop my phone in excitement.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Until we were allowed in the line we couldn’t quite believe it. Don’t think we’ll ever be that lucky again 😁.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Love the smug and can't quite believe it faces! A great day together at AK.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

I still feel a little guilty but yes happiness and smugness won 😊.