Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Apr 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

10th Anniversary Day 14 Goodbye Hollywood Studios, Hello Anna Maria Island

Day 14 Goodbye Hollywood Studios, Hello Anna Maria Island

Today we are leaving Orlando and driving to Anna Maria Island so it is pack up day. Getting everything in the car was a bit of a squeeze but we managed and were only half an hour later than planned. I don’t know if it was because of the later start today but the drive to Disney only took us 25 minutes, arriving at HS at 9.40. The kids rushed off to catch their FP and Darren and I strolled in. They rode RnRC twice while Darren and I made the most of the Disney WiFi. We then browsed the shops, searching for backpacks again. It was then time for our final ride ToT, which was a good one to end with.

After a quick visit to another shop for Alix to change her mind as the mug she wanted was not dishwasher or microwave safe we said our goodbyes and headed out.

I was outvoted for lunch and it was back to Golden Corrall. This proved fortunate as we found some backpacks in the gift shop next door.

The traffic wasn’t too bad and it took us 2.25 hours as we arrived right on time at 3.00pm. We met the owner of the beach house there and she showed us around. The first thing she told us was they have a woodpecker living in one of the trees that constantly pecks at one window. On our first stay on AMI we stayed by the beach, our second visit was by the waterfront and this time we are right in the middle of the narrowest part of the island giving us access to both the beach and the waterfront in 100 steps. The beach house is beautiful and has everything you could need for a visit to the beach. It has a huge garden with a long pool, which was a bit cooler than the one in Orlando but more impressively it has an outdoor movie theatre with a 144” screen.

It also has a sea view, or a sea glimpse at least, from the top bedroom.

Darren and I got straight in the pool but Matt thought it was too cold. He did eventually have a game of volleyball. After being refreshed Darren and I went for a walk to get our bearings and found that we were not far from where we stayed the first time. We went for a walk along the beautiful beach and the colour of the sea was amazing shades of blue and green.

It was too cloudy to see the sun set and after a while the rain started so we rushed back.

When the rain stopped Darren and I watched a movie outside but it was very breezy so we retired indoors. We watched some more of the movie inside but Darren was very tired so we decided to keep it for tomorrow and we were all in bed by 10.00.

karalma is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

What a beautiful amazing house! Do you mind my asking how much it is per night?

Do you hope to have a swim in the sea or is it a bit too cool?

Enjoy every minute, it looks just magical
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Really beautiful house. I’m tempted now to go to AMI
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

What a beautiful amazing house! Do you mind my asking how much it is per night?

It was approx. £350 a night and more expensive than we usually pay.

Do you hope to have a swim in the sea or is it a bit too cool?
There were plenty of people swimming but I stuck to paddling through.

Enjoy every minute, it looks just magical
It is 😁.

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
Really beautiful house. I’m tempted now to go to AMI
I would definitely recommend.
karalma is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a lovely house, just what you think of when you think of a beach house.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List