Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Feb 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

That short a connection wouldn't be for me and wouldn't book it. We Ain for 4 hours but never less than 3.
Delays regularly happen and missing a connection can be very stressful and you can lose a day or two when it is busy while you get a new flight.
It depends if you are a risk taker or not. With holidays I am not.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mckatkins
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks all. There are later flights but im still nervous about it especially as we will have our 6 and 8 year old with us.
Mckatkins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

If the first flight arrives late, meaning you miss the connecting flight and arrive at MCO more than 3 hours later than you should have, would you qualify for the delayed flight compensation?

Obviously not something anyone would wish for, but was just wondering if it might help soften the blow slightly? We too have a tight connection at Easter, with only one more flight to MCO (4 hours) after ours. The flights are going to be packed at that time of year and we're a party of 6 so slim chance of getting on it. With FP and ADRs booked for the following morning, it would be a right pain!
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Personally I would want longer because you have to clear customs and sort bags out. I prefer no less than 3 hours but I am a panicker haha
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If there is a later flight I would not worry. I am doing Toronto to LA in sumer with 1 hour 30 ish - but I heard it is quick. If I miss it though, there are two later flights so should be fine. With PHL there are usually later flights. It is also quick to get through.
Old 12 Feb 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

We did phili on the way out with a 2hr 30 minute layover and it was stressful, very stressful. The wait in immigration was very bad and we got through with not that long to spare. I'd be looking for longer
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

To be fair if it's already booked and non refundable there is no point worrying about something you cant control for the next 8 months. It will spoil your enjoyment of the lead up to going.

Just be prepared for every eventuality. What will you do if all flights following you flight are full. What will you do if your luggage doesnt make the flight and you do. Try and think of the practical solutions if things don't go to plan.

Really dont worry!
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VicStar View Post
If the first flight arrives late, meaning you miss the connecting flight and arrive at MCO more than 3 hours later than you should have, would you qualify for the delayed flight compensation?
It would depend on whether the reason for delay was eligible for compensation under EC261/2004. If it was, at 3 hours delay you'd get half the compensation, fuil compensation kicks in at 4 hours.

With travel in October, it's pretty likely that a schedule change (or three) will happen between now and then, especially on the domestic. This could move the connection time in either direction.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Ona ethos amount of time for our connection in Atlanta, it was 2 hours bur has changed twice. I spoke to Travel Republic who we are booked through and they have said it’s within the airlines recommended time scales! We are flying Virgin to Atlanta then Delta to Orlando, there are later flights so we should be okay.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List