Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisTUK
I want to go now!

2021 Disney Holiday - Is this a good price?

We've been to Florida numerous times over the years but have never done an 'exclusive' Disney World holiday so are new to this.

We're looking to go for 2 weeks on 21st April '21 and have been quoted £2285pp based on the following for a family of 4: -

Flights from Bristol (local enough for us)
Transfers to and from the SFB airport
Art of Animation Standard Room
14 Day Ultimate Disney Tickets
14 Day 'standard' Dining Plan

Is this a reasonable price? As we haven't done this before we don't have a true comparison although from previous years staying off-site has soon racked up by the time parking, food, tickets etc. are factored in.
ChrisTUK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by ChrisTUK View Post
We've been to Florida numerous times over the years but have never done an 'exclusive' Disney World holiday so are new to this.

We're looking to go for 2 weeks on 21st April '21 and have been quoted £2285pp based on the following for a family of 4: -

Flights from Bristol (local enough for us)
Transfers to and from the SFB airport
Art of Animation Standard Room
14 Day Ultimate Disney Tickets
14 Day 'standard' Dining Plan

Is this a reasonable price? As we haven't done this before we don't have a true comparison although from previous years staying off-site has soon racked up by the time parking, food, tickets etc. are factored in.
No! Wait until free dining in announced late April. That price seems way to much. Free dining unlikely to include standard room at Art Of Animation.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

It depends how desperate you are to stay at Art of Animation. If you are willing to be flexible on resort, you could probably get a moderate with free QS dining (if offered) for similar... you can then pay to upgrade to the standard ddp if you wish. So maybe wait to see what offers there are.
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

Well I think thats a great price, because just priced up AofA your dates with park tickets with Disney and it was £4296 thats no flights no dining, even if you wait for free dining Art of Animation doesnt usually come under free dining, What company are you dealing with.? 4 x14 day ultimate tickets would be around £1600.

Edited at 08:23 PM. Reason: adding on.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisTUK
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Originally Posted by coulty47 View Post
Well I think thats a great price, because just priced up AofA your dates with park tickets with Disney and it was £4296 thats no flights no dining, even if you wait for free dining Art of Animation doesnt usually come under free dining, What company are you dealing with.? 4 x14 day ultimate tickets would be around £1600.
This is direct through TUI as one of their packages.
ChrisTUK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

OP - if you're happy than go for it. You'll get varying opinions on here but don't let people put you off if you're happy.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by coulty47 View Post
I have to agree! I actually think that's a really good price!

We've just booked for Sept '21 & paid for the regular disney dining plan but we're staying a value. For us to get regular disney dining plan would mean we need to stay at a deluxe resort which in actual fact would have cost us about £1200pp more (so £2400 in total extra)! We booked with Charter Travel and when I priced up the same package through Disney without any flights it was a lot more expensive, so I think we got a pretty good deal.

It may be worth you dropping Charter Travel an email and seeing what price they can give you too
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
The cost of the standard dining plan will be £2841 with AOA and tickets making it around £7000 depending on ages of your kids (making flights roughly about £2140 which is good) going from your quote of £2285pp.

If you waited for free dining(if of course offered) you could for instance go to a moderate resort, say POFQ, upgrade to the standard dining plan for around £5800. I think that would be roughly a £1200 cheaper than going to Art Of Animation and paying for the standard dining plan. This is going from Disney pricing.

I’m not trying to put anyone off. If AOA is a dream resort then go for it but just giving my opinion as that’s a lot of money.

Edited at 09:33 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List