Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Apr 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
I guess there's not much in it but bearing in mind how busy I4 is pretty well all the time, would Windsor Hills still be slightly better for SW and US?

Going the other way (towards BG etc) there's a short tolled link road onto I4 which we used quite a lot and with Toll pass it was something like 25c to use it.
I guess very slightly, but then I suppose it depends how often you’d go to those parks. I know for us we went all day, whereas to WDW we’d split the days so out until early afternoon, back to the villa at WH before dinner and then back to WDW for the evening. I’m going back 10 years though, traffic is awful now compared to then

We used a toll road too, from Solterra going in the other direction, towards Rolling Oaks.

The reason I wouldn’t choose Windsor Hills if not going to Disney is the premium you pay being so close. It’s a lovely resort though, and I can see from their website it looks even better now with the water park etc

Edited at 06:25 PM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
We have limited down to a few options but really don't know which to choose. Our options are based on the Villas being in gated communities with club houses and pool areas with slides.

Ideally, we would like to be in close proximity to Walmarts, restaurants etc.

Our options so far in no particular order are

1) Storey Lake Resort
2) The Retreat, Champions Gate
3) Solterra Resort
4) Windsor Hills

Please help me choose haha!
Having stayed at The Retreat, Champions Gate and Storey Lake, of the two I would return to The Retreat every time. A much better facility and better location (or at least I found it so).
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
The reason I wouldn’t choose Windsor Hills if not going to Disney is the premium you pay being so close. It’s a lovely resort though, and I can see from their website it looks even better now with the water park etc
Ah - that's true on the cost, I wasn't thinking of that.

The "water park" is OK, but not terribly exciting. Last trip we were just on the other side of the lake but grandchildren, having been once, chose to stay in the villa pool when subsequently asked.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
Ah - that's true on the cost, I wasn't thinking of that.

The "water park" is OK, but not terribly exciting. Last trip we were just on the other side of the lake but grandchildren, having been once, chose to stay in the villa pool when subsequently asked.
Funny. My boys preferred to be back at the villa pool too! I think it was easy access to the fridge and larder that did it for them
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Funny. My boys preferred to be back at the villa pool too! I think it was easy access to the fridge and larder that did it for them
To be fair with 'ours' (3, 5 & 8) they just want to do stuff NOW and not wait the extra 5 mins it would have taken to walk round there.

Also we had heating in the villa pool (in August ). You couldn't say the resort pool was cold, but it had an 'edge' to it.

Edited at 10:41 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, we have found a lovely villa on Solterra and one on Storey Lake which ticks all of our boxes so just trying to weigh up which one to choose.

Edited at 08:55 AM.
welshmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sacratini28
Trainee Dibber

Hi,we stayed at Solterra last year and its was excellent in ever way.
The property is well gated with security and inside there's a really relaxed feel.Facilities are also really good with Pool and clubhouse and a nice Lazy River.
Our 8 year old Grandson really enjoyed the facilities and we also had a fantastic rental property which was the icing on the Cake.
I would make sure you are away from the new area due to building work, and travelling is as stated a bit of a pain !However ,with Championsgate around the corner with all the eateries and a large Walmart,we found it the ideal base.
We've stayed a little further out (Davenport) and closer (International Drive Area) but found the location and quiet ,relaxed atmosphere just about perfect.
Hope this helps a little !
sacratini28 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

So we were let down by the company we were going to book with. Apparently, the algorithms changed and the price went up to £5000. We were then about to book a villa on Solterra but DH said to keep looking as wanted something a bit closer.

Have now found and booked a lovely villa on Windsor Hills