Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Apr 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile OKW 2 bed villa + bathroom access query

We've just amended our accommodation to a 2 bed villa at OKW. For privacy reasons I would prefer to have seperate access to the bathroom that avoids having to walk through the master bedroom. Am I correct in thinking I should be requesting buildings 30 and above to guarantee this?
Also with regard to bathroom access does it make any difference whether you have a dedicated 2 bed or a lock off? What are the differences between the two?
We have previously stayed in a studio at OKW. If anyone could recommend a 2 bed villa location with the seperate bathroom access but on a high floor then any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thank you.

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in building 45 in a 2 bed
There was separate access to the main bathroom through the laundry room
We were on the middle floor the balcony overlooked the river and you could sit and watch the friendship boats coming and going
It was a short walk to the Pennisular Rd bus stop and about another 5 mins to the Hospitality House/ main pool. One of the smaller pools I think Turtle Pond was closer
Loved OKW and would stay there again in a heartbeat. We were 6 people in a 2 bed and had loads of room
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

All the two beds have two bathrooms. I don't know if that helps at all as I wasn't sure if you don't want the other guests walking through your bedroom to have to use a bathroom; they'd have their own.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You will have 2 bathrooms- one off the main bedroom (US King, UK Superking) and one off the bedroom with the two queen sized (UK King) in.

The bathroom off the room with the two Queens in, is only accessible via that room, whether in a dedicated 2 bed or a lockoff.

I believe that up to building 29, the access to the main bathroom off the main bedroom is via the main bedroom only.

From 30 onward, the access to that bathroom is twofold- you can access it via a door in the laundry room, or the bedroom.

In both cases the bathroom is split I believe, with a door between the bit with the sinks and bath in, and the bit with the shower, toilet and sink in.

I have actually stayed in an OKW 2 bed and I cannot for the life in me remember whether I was in one with the alternative door or not. Edit- given the building number I was in at the time, it must have had the second entrance as that was 39.

You will probably struggle to get a specific building. 30 is on the corner of Turtle Pond and average in location in my view (bus noise and noise from surrounding highways is the biggest issue IMO at OKW but I am noise sensitive and don’t let that put you off as it’s a great resort edit- sorry I see you’ve stayed before so you know!).

Rather than selecting one building and not having much chance, I would select as many as possible. Avoid the near hospitality house categories as they are DVC preferred category and rarely go to cash guests.

See this thread here- https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ght=Okw&page=5

You will enjoy OKW, I love it, very relaxing. If you like a walk or run make sure you go down the canal path to Saratoga and Disney Springs.

Edited at 08:54 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
big nelly

big nelly's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
All the two beds have two bathrooms. I don't know if that helps at all as I wasn't sure if you don't want the other guests walking through your bedroom to have to use a bathroom; they'd have their own.
Thanks for the response, I was aware that each bedroom would have access to a bathroom each. There will also be two people sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room area and was more concerned about them having access to a bathroom without having to walk via a bedroom.

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
big nelly

big nelly's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks YorkshireT for confirming that I have to look at Building numbers 30 and over.
We've previously stayed on Peninsular Road, block 46 and loved it there do I'm tempted to request around that area again.

Old 13 Apr 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by big nelly View Post
Thanks YorkshireT for confirming that I have to look at Building numbers 30 and over.
We've previously stayed on Peninsular Road, block 46 and loved it there do I'm tempted to request around that area again.
45 and 46 are very nice- best buildings on Peninsular probably, and close to the walking path. Very quiet if you don’t mind the distance to Hospitality House and that pool is nice. I’d be very happy with 45 or 46.
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I think we were in building 41 Turtle Shack area in Dec 2018. We had the bathroom that could be accessed through the laundry room.

Would love to go back

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
I think we were in building 41 Turtle Shack area in Dec 2018. We had the bathroom that could be accessed through the laundry room.

Would love to go back
How did you find 41? One side of it is very near the roundabout and the other bonnet creek- were you in the middle? It faces the pool. How was bus/ highway noise? One time I could have moved there and went to look but didn’t fancy the rooms near the highway. The middle ones are great there though but 2 beds are on the corners I think.

Edited at 12:03 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Lovely, it was very quiet as I recall. The bus stop was across the road but I don't really remember any noise. We were close to the pool and never heard anything from there and we overlooked water from the lounge balcony.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List