Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Apr 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
fileyboy
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Pool heat etc.

Will I need pool heat in October?

Is DDP worth it?

Should I book a throwaway camp site night just to get magic bands?

Just a few questions I cannot seem to find the answers to on here!
fileyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

As for pool heat, I haven't been in a villa in October myself. We had a villa past February and definitely needed pool heat, the water was freezing!

With regards to DDP, it really depends on your family. Any kids? Ages? Do you eat a lot of big meals, do you tend to order alcoholic drinks, would you get a dessert every time, etc? Would you book a lot of character meets?

My family consists of myself, my husband, and our 3-year-old daughter. On our past trip, we did no sit-down meals, only QS and spent an average of around $85 a day on food. The QSDP would have cost us $136 a day so it didn't make sense for us. But that $85 number we had, would be a LOT higher if you, for example, ordered steak or meat heavy dishes a lot (we mostly eat plant based, which tends to be a bit cheaper), and we don't drink alcohol either. The alcoholic drinks alone will be like $10-15 per person per meal!

You can just buy magic bands when you arrive, that's bound to be cheaper than booking 1 night just for that? We did that when we stayed off-site last year.

Don't forget though, that you cannot get DDP unless you stay on-site. And if you're already staying on site, magic bands will already be included.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

is pool heat essential in october? not necessarily, but if the extra money wasnt an issue, i would get it every time, even in summer. if you like to go for a dip after a long day in the parks, then heating is essential IMO.

the pool isnt nearly as inviting if the water isnt warm
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We usually go October and always have pool heat

Is DDP worth it IMO only if it's free but we are not big eaters had lots of QS credits left when we had it we struggled to eat 2 meals and 2 snacks everyday
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace2007
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We always go in October and always have the pool heated, especially if you want to swim early or late in the day as it can be a bit cooler
Grace2007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Yes to pool heat in October.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

it could depend on how you use the pool
However, we always have pool heating October through to mid-March.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List