Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jul 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jovial View Post
Supposed to be flying on 11th Aug To Orlando and I phoned yesterday , only took 5 mins they told me my flight was cancelled and they agreed to refund me saying it will be back on my card in 5-10 days 😀
Did you ring yourself, or had they emailed you in advance to say it was cancelled?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Ah thank you. Did you wait for an offer of a refund after that email, and if so, when did you receive that?
I didnt wait for any refund email as I could see they were a bit 'hit and miss'.
I opted for the voucher because I knew(or thought I did) that we would be going back to Disney next year ( looking at the state of florida that could be delayed until 2022) and I got an extra 10% which would help alleviate the potential price hike next year.

I also knew the airlines were suffering and thought i(as crazy as this sounds) that if I took the voucher, it would help AL 'spread the risk/cost) and mean't I didn't have to find the money for flights next year. It would also stop me from spending the money on something else!

AS the voucher is valid for 5 years from the date of issue the later I waited, the longer I'd have to use it (my philosophy now tested as fingers crossed Aer Lingus will still be around to honour the voucher).

I haven't received my voucher yet and didn't expect to until after my inbound (return) flight .
That date hasn't passed yet.

If you want a refund, just call them or process on your debit/credit card

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Refunded at last on 4th August back onto credit card in full, case number was 5283600, cancelled on 17th April and we just left Aer Lingus to process it, so we didn't call them.

Good luck to those still waiting.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Great news albeit disgraceful people are left waiting so long
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant service from Aer Lingus.
They cancelled our flights on 29th July for 15th Aug.
Already received my refund on my credit card and Amex paying it back into my current account now.
Couldn't believe how quick they sorted it all out. Looks like we've been the lucky ones.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

Did you ring yourself, or had they emailed you in advance to say it was cancelled?
they did the exact same to me, just an email saying there was change to the flight. Called them and they confirmed it was cancelled. refund there and then, 2 business days and it was back

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by i_am_armo View Post
they did the exact same to me, just an email saying there was change to the flight. Called them and they confirmed it was cancelled. refund there and then, 2 business days and it was back
That was really quick then! We still haven't had anything at all, but I have been on looking on their website with some test bookings.

I can see that they have a lot of partner flights coming up with Jet Blue and United now when I search our flights, which never came up before. I then went through the days and they aren't offering direct flights from Dublin to San Fran, or from Orlando to Dublin (this is our flights) until the 14th Sept. All flights before that have stopovers when they normally have direct as an option.

I'm wondering if that means this is where they are up to with cancellations?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I just rang myself , I had only received an email to apply for a voucher but I didn’t want one , also it wouldn’t let me log in online so I just said that I couldn’t see if my flight was or wasn’t cancelled and they just checked
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jovial View Post
I just rang myself , I had only received an email to apply for a voucher but I didn’t want one , also it wouldn’t let me log in online so I just said that I couldn’t see if my flight was or wasn’t cancelled and they just checked
Ah very good. I may ring, or get my husband to since he booked it, just to see what they say about ours and whether it’s been cancelled or not!
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I know it’s a long shot but I booked man/dub/orlando through a third party flying with aer lingus 1st October and the man/dub flight at 8.35am is now not showing so I’m wondering if it’s full or it’s been cancelled?
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List