Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
This is one of my concerns too. We’re due to go Sep 10th and while I think the parks will be open and flights flying I do wonder if we’d be forced to travel or lose money. I’d hope that if quarantine rules were still in place we’d be able to move the holiday. Diy booking so I think we could move Disney no problem, might lose free dining. And flights are with BA so maybe we could move them to elsewhere in the world 🤷
So much uncertainty isn’t it?
We go on 10th too. Hotel and tix with disney flights booked direct with BA as well. Are you going from lgw
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

My quick chill getaway is July 3rd so hoping they (TUI ) soon start cancelling. It’s just a weeks break , however a 14 day mandatory quarantine is already in place. Coming to the end of my annual insurance which covers pandemic and all holiday balance paid, so fingers crossed for cancellation.
Does anyone know when cancellations are announced, is it days before ?
Really don’t fancy a 5 week break for a weeks holiday
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh gosh, there's so much to think about, isn't there?

This trip has been 2 years in the planning/ researching (well, probably longer actually) and as things stand, our insurance will cover us for flights and hotels if the FCO advise no travel. They wont, however, cover cancellation costs if FCO say travel can continue, but there are quarantine restrictions either end.

I've got a great deal on flights! And not only that, a 12 week long unresolved complaint to BA resulted in them moving us from indirect, to direct flights, for free.

I'm never going to get flights at that price again! Hotels are pretty much all cancellable and our Dibb villa owners are being amazing.

We have Discovery Cove tickets, and Universal tickets, which I believe will be carried over.

However, I'm worried it will a) be really busy next year and b) more expensive. Theres also the added complication of Mr H selling his soul to get a month off work this year. He's not sure he will be able to have that next year.

Not to mention the whole do I pay for the flights, or dont I scenario

If I cancel them, I lose my deposit. 'Only' £300 but dont really want to lose that money. If I chance BA cancelling them, but we can then fly but with quarantine, I'm in trouble.

I've been so upbeat about everything so far. Trying to stay positive, but today is the first time I've really accepted that we might not be going. Goodness knows, I need this holiday. But hey, I'm holding on for a few weeks yet and crossing everything that can be crossed that we get some clear answers soon.

Sorry for the long post, I've nobody else who will listen !
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post

This trip has been 2 years in the planning/ researching (well, probably longer actually) and as things stand, our insurance will cover us for flights and hotels if the FCO advise no travel. They wont, however, cover cancellation costs if FCO say travel can continue, but there are quarantine restrictions either end.

I've got a great deal on flights! And not only that, a 12 week long unresolved complaint to BA resulted in them moving us from indirect, to direct flights, for free.

I'm never going to get flights at that price again! Hotels are pretty much all cancellable and our Dibb villa owners are being amazing.

We have Discovery Cove tickets, and Universal tickets, which I believe will be carried over.

However, I'm worried it will a) be really busy next year and b) more expensive. Theres also the added complication of Mr H selling his soul to get a month off work this year. He's not sure he will be able to have that next year.

If I cancel them, I lose my deposit. 'Only' £300 but dont really want to lose that money. If I chance BA cancelling them, but we can then fly but with quarantine, I'm in trouble.

I've been so upbeat about everything so far. Trying to stay positive, but today is the first time I've really accepted that we might not be going. Goodness knows, I need this holiday. But hey, I'm holding on for a few weeks yet and crossing everything that can be crossed that we get some clear answers soon.

Just to add, I'm not overly worried about Disney, as it makes up 4 days of our holiday. We're flying into Miami, visiting The Keys, Everglades, Naples and Sarasota before hitting Orlando. But I do t think I can go if we cant fit the parks in, as we wont be going again for a long while, if ever, with our teenage boys.

I've also had the virus, as has my husband and possibly 1 son. And whilst immunity is uncertain, if it's at all possible to go this year, we want to do so...
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
We go on 10th too. Hotel and tix with disney flights booked direct with BA as well. Are you going from lgw
Yes via LGW from GLA. Waiting to see if we’ll be moved to LHR in time, mind you! Either way might see you on the plane 👋🏻 Hopefully!

We’re staying at CBR for ten nights then 6 at Cabana Bay. Where are you staying? Fingers crossed we can go!
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post

No need to apologise for the long post! I’m exactly the same. I’m the Disney planner in our house and everyone else goes along with what I say haha! But I don’t want to be the only one making these big decisions.

I think for now at least you’ve nothing to lose by holding off a little longer and seeing what happens.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
Yes via LGW from GLA. Waiting to see if we’ll be moved to LHR in time, mind you! Either way might see you on the plane 👋🏻 Hopefully!

We’re staying at CBR for ten nights then 6 at Cabana Bay. Where are you staying? Fingers crossed we can go!
We are at pofq really hoping we get there
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
That’s interesting, who is your insurance with?

We assumed that all but essential means no holidays and that insurance kicks in here.
That's exactly what it means. They ultimately can't stop you going but doing so would invalidate your insurance. Therefore as long as the current FCO position remain in place you are covered.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Also just to note that not all insurances are created equal. Not all cover for FCO advice against travel or all but essential travel.

So not only do they not travel you if you go against advice they don't necessarily cover you if you don't go because of the advice not to go.
I'm sure there's some out there but it would be a pretty abysmal policy that didn't cover you when the FCO was advising against all but essential travel.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Unfortunately there are a number. I found out about mine at the last minute and had to take out new insurance that did cover me.

Cancellation in many instances were around natural disasters and it has been agreed that this isn't one or so I understand.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List