Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Mobile

The only way to do it is full days every day! I mean like hit the parks for opening and non stop til closing. It’s not for everyone but it can be fun for the right ppl, if that’s not you then ditch something. You will NEVER be able to do everything in a single trip
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We don’t do it all anymore, it’s exhausting!

Don’t get me wrong I would love to as we love all the parks but it’s just too much as we also love going to the beach, shopping, and chilling round the pool.

First trip with did everything inc DC, 2nd we did did everything except D.C & aquatica, 3rd trip just Disney, and the 4 was supposed to be be Disney plus Kennedy/wild Florida, in Feb we will just do Disney and that will only be 2 days.

It’s still a holiday after all!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
We just do Disney OR Universal. I don’t think you can get the value from all of them in one holiday with what ticket prices are now.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

2 weeks ? We do 4 and don't do parks. Lol
Old 23 May 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

This was the start of our 2 week plan for this year and we know it was going to be absolutely exhausting but just couldn’t drop a park. We were going to be purchasing express passes at all (but Disney) to make the most of everything we could.

However, we are moving this to next year now and will be doing 3 weeks instead.

Edit: Appreciate the opening times may be wrong but were correct before all of Covid.

Edited at 08:31 PM.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

When we first started going we did everything in two weeks, it was a military operation planning to ensure we were able to do everything everyone wants to. We now primarily do Disney, if we want a universal fix we usually go for a one day ticket ( its actually very expensive to buy a one day ticket especially if you get the express pass with it). We don't go to sea world or any of the water parks, they are not for us which makes planning marginally better.
This year we are doing it all, I am taking my son's girlfriend with us this time as she hasn't been before. I am currently planning again to make sure she does everything she wants to do in the 14 days she we are there.I know we will manage it but I think I may need a holiday when I get back.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

I've only been twice- 2009 and 2019 and both times did disney (all 4 parks and 1 water park), universal (3 parks), SeaWorld day and Discovery Cove day.
It is totally doable if planned in order to maximize rest opportunities but it's not a relaxing pace but is manageable. The trick is to decide on a few must do rides/shows and be flexible.
We stay off site in a villa with a car and do early mornings in the parks then chill out late afternoon evenings then do some later evenings the 2nd week but tend to not stay up late.

Edited at 11:36 PM.
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post

We only do Disney and / or Universal. In the past we have done only Universal, only Disney and we have had just one trip where we did a week of each.

We now think we only need two or three days at Universal for future trips so if going again for a fortnight we would do two or three nights at a Universal express pass hotel at either the beginning or the end.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We do either Disney or Universal and SeaWorld. I don’t think you get the value out of the tickets unless you use them a lot. Depends what you want from your holiday, but we prefer to not rush about too much. If you can manage it, I’d go with the cheeky extra week to Universal if you can.
This ^^^ we haven’t done universal and seaworld in our last 3 trips, we were supposed to be going this year and missing WDW but that’s looking highly unlikely to happen so we are now in a quandary about what to do next year if we do get to go back!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We only do Disney

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List