Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jun 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

EasyJet cancellations

Due to fly with EasyJet on 28/06. Would really like a refund. However, I received an e mail today saying I could get a voucher valid for 12 months. There was no mention of whether the flight was cancelled but when I do a search it either says it is sold out or not available. I’m slightly twitchy because prior to 14 days I can change for free but within 14 days it will cost £32 pp.

Has anyone experience of this. Not sure whether to wait for cancellation or not? Don’t want to have to pay a fee!
Old 10 Jun 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have been looking at my flights too expecting them to be cancelled. There were 2 flights a day and now for several weeks one flight each day is showing sold out. This is making me think that means the sold out flight is ready to be cancelled.
Are you sure about the change fees ? I read it to mean than within 14 days you could change your flight with no fees and for no extra fare up until May 2021. If you choose a voucher you also receive another small voucher towards a future flight or holiday . If it was more than 14 days you could cancel with no fees but you had to pay the fare difference. For both you could choose a refund.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My flight was showing sold out for a few weeks beforehand, I was expecting cancellation email 14 days before but never received any, 13 days before I logged in and flight was cancelled and had a section to manage disruption when you can either amend, take voucher or refund but I’m sure the refund option is far in and very small, never received the email yet either.
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
The refund option is pretty well hidden on Easyjet's site.
I applied for a refund on 30th April and still haven't had my money back yet.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Go on to Easyjet’s site.
Click on the covid-19 Help Hub (a banner towards the top of the page)
Click on ‘I booked directly with EJ’
Click on ‘In the next 14 days’ even if it longer
Was your flight cancelled ‘yes’
Scroll down to Option 3 & click on ‘view my options’
Scroll down to the bottom ‘refund application form’

Even at this stage they try and get to choose a voucher ! So, again, scroll down and fill in your details - that’s the refund request form !
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
The refund option is pretty well hidden on Easyjet's site.
I applied for a refund on 30th April and still haven't had my money back yet.
Us too, received an email saying not to contact them for 90 days! 😣
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
Go on to Easyjet’s site.
Click on the covid-19 Help Hub (a banner towards the top of the page)
Click on ‘I booked directly with EJ’
Click on ‘In the next 14 days’ even if it longer
Was your flight cancelled ‘yes’
Scroll down to Option 3 & click on ‘view my options’
Scroll down to the bottom ‘refund application form’

Even at this stage they try and get to choose a voucher ! So, again, scroll down and fill in your details - that’s the refund request form !
Thank you, that is so useful. Just had a look and found it. Would never had known if you hadn’t told me
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jane71
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi. Hope you don't mind me asking but I've a similar issue. Also booked on a flight for 28th June which obviously I don't want to be on. easyJet usually operate 4-5 times a day on the route but have only now 1 flight per day. They have moved me to this flight. So does that mean my flight is cancelled and I can apply for a refund even though the flight they've put me on is less that 5 hours from my original flight time.
Jane71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jane71 View Post
Hi. Hope you don't mind me asking but I've a similar issue. Also booked on a flight for 28th June which obviously I don't want to be on. easyJet usually operate 4-5 times a day on the route but have only now 1 flight per day. They have moved me to this flight. So does that mean my flight is cancelled and I can apply for a refund even though the flight they've put me on is less that 5 hours from my original flight time.
I’ve just followed the advice above about how to cancel and I was able to. It might be worth seeing if you have the same facility. I’d received no e mails saying I could or any indication it was an option but I have now done it and waiting for my refund (which, at this rate will be in about 12 months time )
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jane71
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for your reply. I've requested a refund but unsure if I'll get one. I don't want a voucher as I'm hoping to take my boys (although they're taller than me) back to Orlando next year as we haven't been since 2015. Take care
Jane71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List