Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile 2 out of 3 gone!

Obviously my March trip was a no go.
Had a July/ August trip arranged, thankfully no flights as I’d never got round to it🙄 I cancelled DVC last week and have just cancelled our CBR stay with FD and $300 gift card. CM clarified I could move it but gift card and dining would not go with the booking with no option to add dining except by paying.
See how the December trip pans out!
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Snap!
California Easter trip cancelled.
Florida May/June trip cancelled.
Hoping our Florida September trip happens; we’ll see.
Hoping our Florida Christmas trip happens; we’ll see.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

I feel like we've been so unlucky with our trips these past 12 months
November Florida with TC cancelled
March DLP trip cancelled
April Florida cancelled

Currently have September 2020 & February 2021 booked, I'll be devastated if another one is cancelled!
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Think of it in another way. You can afford 3 holidays in a year. Many people can't afford one a year
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Think of it in another way. You can afford 3 holidays in a year. Many people can't afford one a year
I can’t see the relevance of this? We are all different. The OP is stating their position with regard to holidays - why does financial capability have to come into it? It’s irrelevant.

Edited at 07:20 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

But that's like saying oh, you've got a Range Rover that been damaged/ stolen, but never mind, at least you can afford one, I've only got a fiesta!

When we have anything that's taken away from us, we have a right to be fed up. Especially in the current circumstances; heck, we don't have much to look forward to.

OP, keeping everything crossed for December for you x
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

It is disappointing to have to cancel a holiday isn’t it. We had a three week trip planned for August (two weeks YBC and one week Royal Pacific) and this time I’d booked all the little extras that I don’t usually get around to doing like the MK dessert party and booking a Volcano Bay cabana. I cancelled the trip because I was at that stage of having to pay the remaining balance but my insurance had expired. I’ve transferred the majority of the booking across to next year but cancelled Universal and added New York and a cruise from Port Canaveral so I’m now busy planning for that (and getting very excited!)
Hopefully those who posted above who’ve had to cancel their trips get to visit Orlando again soon or have something in the pipeline.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
Obviously my March trip was a no go.
Had a July/ August trip arranged, thankfully no flights as I’d never got round to it🙄 I cancelled DVC last week and have just cancelled our CBR stay with FD and $300 gift card. CM clarified I could move it but gift card and dining would not go with the booking with no option to add dining except by paying.
See how the December trip pans out!
Did you rent your DVC points or are you a DVC member?
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Did you rent your DVC points or are you a DVC member?
Long time owner at DVC but not usually so organised to book in advance!
Will need to be on the ball next year!
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

As others have said not relevant.
Whilst not attempting any justification of how I spend my money I would like to say I have worked my butt off for the past 50 years and still do, like the rest of my family and many on here.