Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissCellaneous View Post
Doesn't feel very hopeful does it

But I guess rules like that from a workplace would probably be in line with FCO / border guidance anyway, as it progresses - in terms of what is 'high risk' (and if the US were to become a lower risk)? So if you could fly and get in, presumably travel would then be fine according to them at that point, too?
Yes I would hope that if the US is removed from the 'red' zone then they would be OK with him going. At the point now where I just want Virgin to cancel my flight because I can feel where it's going 😢 I was so hopeful for Tokyo Disney earlier this year and now it feels like going through the same with Florida.

Sorry that doesn't sound very positive. I really do hope we start to see those cases reach the peak in the next few days and start to decline again.

Edited at 04:16 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Yes I would that if the US is removed from the 'red' zone then they would be OK with him going. At the point now where I just want Virgin to cancel my flight because I can feel where it's going 😢 I was so hopeful for Tokyo Disney earlier this year and now it feels like going through the same with Florida.

Sorry that doesn't sound very positive. I really do hope we start to see those cases reach the peak in the next few days and start to decline again.
I'm right there with you!
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

So it’s decision time for us this week as the balance for the holiday is due on Saturday. (13 weeks before departure, which is ridiculous) With all the current restrictions and increasing cases, I’m 99% sure we will cancel and lose our deposit now. I’ve been positive we would get there until a few weeks ago, but now I don’t even the travel ban will be lifted before October. Hoping for a miracle in next few days!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
So it’s decision time for us this week as the balance for the holiday is due on Saturday. (13 weeks before departure, which is ridiculous) With all the current restrictions and increasing cases, I’m 99% sure we will cancel and lose our deposit now. I’ve been positive we would get there until a few weeks ago, but now I don’t even the travel ban will be lifted before October. Hoping for a miracle in next few days!
I just don't know anymore. I'm resigned already to not going, yet i'm having a positive day again. There's no way the cases will keep rising exponentially, they will start falling soon, the question is 'when'.

Last official thing Trump said (despite all the heresay) was that he wants to open up the border as soon as there's progress.

It's the uncertainty though that makes me just want to cancel and be done with it 😢
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I've jumped now have changed my booking to next June i couldnt take it anymore
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
I've jumped now have changed my booking to next June i couldnt take it anymore
Can't change mine yet as we fly with Virgin
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Can't change mine yet as we fly with Virgin
We fly with ba but booked through netflights and I have been having issues but spoke to someone today they were great changes it no fees and they contacted ba customer service for me and its all done feels alot better
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
taleasoldastime
Getting Excited

Mobile

There isn’t another time we can go as a group unfortunately so it’s a refund or go! 🤷🏼🤷🏼
taleasoldastime is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by taleasoldastime View Post
There isn’t another time we can go as a group unfortunately so it’s a refund or go! 🤷🏼🤷🏼
Same for us... refund or go . We really want to go if we can , but I am doubtful the boarder will be open for us now ..
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
taleasoldastime
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Same for us... refund or go . We really want to go if we can , but I am doubtful the boarder will be open for us now ..
Yeah the US need to get a handle on things really...it’s a free for all! People moving between states so easily as well! I’m watching Americans on social media like 😳😳😳
taleasoldastime is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List