Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gaz316
Excited about Disney

2022 better to sit on the money?

First of all sorry to anyone who has seen a holiday cancelled his year or next year, gutted for you.

Looking at 2022 July or October, but having a read through the threads I am getting the feeling that now is possibly not the time to book?

We are thinking of putting the cash into an account instead and waiting until the current situation has sorted itself, what’s the view are we likely to see some better prices going forward when the country is likely wanting to attract tourists.
gaz316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We booked a Dibb villa at the same rate it would have been pre covid. We’ve also booked a fully refundable hotel for part of the trip. The rest we will hold on to until fly drives are released next June - I’m hoping by then we should know more about how 2022 will look. I wouldn’t ever book a package this far out anyway as prices will always be silly. It depends what you are wanting to book.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I’m saving up and putting money into my bank account, I don’t want to book anything until the restrictions are lifted., I really wanted to book for 2022, but I have decided to be sensible this time.
Old 3 Sep 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

unless you are very specific on what accommodation you want i would hold onto your money.
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gaz316 View Post
First of all sorry to anyone who has seen a holiday cancelled his year or next year, gutted for you.

Looking at 2022 July or October, but having a read through the threads I am getting the feeling that now is possibly not the time to book?

We are thinking of putting the cash into an account instead and waiting until the current situation has sorted itself, what’s the view are we likely to see some better prices going forward when the country is likely wanting to attract tourists.
Can you even book a holiday that far in advance!

I thought end of next year was the limit, certainly not mid or late 2022. You could explore options and prices for 2021 for July and October to get an idea of prices, screen shot them for future reference. Invest the money until mid next year at the earliest.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gaz316 View Post

We are spending some on a UK holiday and banking the rest too much is going on for us personally to look at rebooking .
We have two domestic internal flights as Vouchers from American airlines banked which run out Dec 2021

We are very flexible though which can make a difference , personally we dont want a big chunk of money tied up on a holiday for the time being.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

If you are planning to book now please check your insurance, many companies will not cover you for any loss while the FCO stay away advice is in situation.

Take your cash and save it, there is a lot of time to go until 2022. Dont book unless you can get 100% of your money back!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'm definitely not booking anything unless at short notice, so would definitely not be booking any trips for 2022 (or even 2021) at the moment! Too much uncertainty, and too much potential for change.

E.g. flight availability and timings will almost certainly change as airlines adjust their schedules and hopefully bring more planes back into service; hotel availability may or may not change (half the WDW resorts are still currently closed!).

For me at the moment I'm just going to keep my "holiday money" in the bank and only book a holiday if there is a very good chance I'll get to actually go on it!
Old 3 Sep 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

As much as i'm itching to go back; i can't bring myself to properly plan anything because everything is up in the air. at this moment in time things could change at the drop of a hat. With talks having to book parks in advance staying and perhaps even FP+ changing to virtual queues i'm going to hold out until information like that is produced. Me and my family like to have the DDP too and there is no word of if/when that will return.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
If you are planning to book now please check your insurance, many companies will not cover you for any loss while the FCO stay away advice is in situation.

Take your cash and save it, there is a lot of time to go until 2022. Dont book unless you can get 100% of your money back!
Very wise advice. I wouldn’t even think about or contemplate a 2021 trip unless I was 100% guaranteed every penny back & full insurances in place.

I’ld forget 2021 and look towards putting money away for 2022 as indicated
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List