Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Anyone been to Florida recently?

Sounds like a daft question I know, but as holiday home owners my wife would like to travel over to Florida sometime in the not too distant future and check it over, get a few jobs done, lounge by the pool, etc. We haven’t been since January.

My understanding is that UK citizens can visit the US if travelling from another country that is not on the US blacklist as long as you have spent at least 14 days in that country. As she’s retired she has the time to do that, fly direct to the US and then come back when she’s ready and quarantine in the UK. For my part I’d just get the 14 day holiday at the beginning and then say enjoy Florida as I fly back to work.

Does anyone know of anyone having done something like that?

Insurance is another matter that we’d obviously have to look into as I’m sure the premium might be rather high if available at all.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I don’t personally know anyone that has done that, but I have read on a FB group I am on that a lady on there and her family did it in the summer holidays. They went to Turkey for 14 days and then flew from there. They were going to Miami for 4 weeks and then isolating for 14 days in return.

As far as insurance is concerned, I have seen numerous times that Battleface is the company to use for non FCO approved trips. You’ll need to check them out and read the small print though.

Let us know how you get on, if you do decide to go.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Have seen several people do that by going to a country for 14 days that's still allowed USA entry, then going to WDW from there. Seems like a bit of a hassle and not quite right to me. But each to their own, if you've got the time and following the rules then why not.

If people are that determined to go to the US it's very possible.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

A Dibber, Billo, recently gave their experience of travelling to Serbia and 14 days later to NY then onward to Orlando, read from post 17 https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1179097&page=2
Old 17 Sep 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Have seen several people do that by going to a country for 14 days that's still allowed USA entry, then going to WDW from there. Seems like a bit of a hassle and not quite right to me. But each to their own, if you've got the time and following the rules then why not.

If people are that determined to go to the US it's very possible.
it may not be that they are determined to get to Florida. We are not allowed to fly direct but i bet a lot of dibbers would be at WDW if we could right now - i would be happy as i dont do parades or fireworks or eat on site.

if i could be away from my cats for that time i would be booking a flight
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
it may not be that they are determined to get to Florida. We are not allowed to fly direct but i bet a lot of dibbers would be at WDW if we could right now - i would be happy as i dont do parades or fireworks or eat on site.

if i could be away from my cats for that time i would be booking a flight
Me too, if it wasn't for the restrictions rendering it impractical I would be there. The Covid changes wouldn't bother me and i'd feel safer in WDW than the local supermarket. But as it stands wouldn't feel right (or possible really) for me to spend 2 weeks somewhere, then a week in the US then 2 weeks isolation at home.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Not personally but I have done Covid tests on people flying elsewhere solely to enter the US. I never see them again afterwards so have no idea how it went, but there seems to be a fair bit of it going on.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Thanks for comments. Our plan is to fly from Gatwick to Barbados for a 15 day holiday at the beginning of October, making sure we get a private Covid test done within 72 hours of travelling to satisfy Barbados entry requirements. My wife can then fly directly to Miami and when she’s ready to fly home she can do so from Miami to Heathrow. I shall return directly from Barbados to Gatwick and hopefully can go straight back to work as Barbados has a very low infection rate so will remain on our government’s OK list.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Thanks for comments. Our plan is to fly from Gatwick to Barbados for a 15 day holiday at the beginning of October, making sure we get a private Covid test done within 72 hours of travelling to satisfy Barbados entry requirements. My wife can then fly directly to Miami and when she’s ready to fly home she can do so from Miami to Heathrow. I shall return directly from Barbados to Gatwick and hopefully can go straight back to work as Barbados has a very low infection rate so will remain on our government’s OK list.
We debated doing this but what put us off was the (albeit low) possibility of having to quarantine on arrival should someone else test positive on the flight. Good luck though. I hope it works out well.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
SteveC - there are vague rumours going around that the UK will be moved from medium risk to high risk by the Barbados government. It is purely rumour but keep an eye for any prospective changes. Visitbarbados.org has a very comprehensive page on entry requirements if you haven't seen it already.

Hope your plan works out for you both,
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List