Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

So anyone returning home in Sep ‘21 is not covered by the book with confidence policy.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Megamicrofish
Getting Excited

I'm sure it will be updated again before September
Rosen Inn International Drive May 2022
Rosen Inn Closest to Universal Sep 2022
Megamicrofish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Just got of the phone with BA, the deposit isn't refundable with a voucher in this occasion.
Did they explain why it wasn't refundable?
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Just got of the phone with BA, the deposit isn't refundable with a voucher in this occasion.
I'd like to hear more on this as I'm not convinced that's correct. Not doubting what you were told but more the accuracy of the information given. Illogical that you can cancel having and get all your money back as voucher but not get a deposit back as a voucher.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
So anyone returning home in Sep ‘21 is not covered by the book with confidence policy.
Correct- Which I wasn’t initially aware of or forgot (I’d have checked and my holidays are pre end of August 2021). I’m not convinced this will change to be honest either. They are extending the dates the holiday utilising the policy can be booked by (as above they changed it today) but are basically saying by August 2021 things are back to normal (hopefully) and so if your holiday was due to take place past that there’s no need to be able to book with confidence.
So Megamicrofish above currently cannot move dates to April 2022 as their holiday is past the end of August 2021. This is therefore riskier although by then I’d hope it will be fine- and if borders shut etc you can demand a refund anyway.

Edited at 12:16 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
I'd like to hear more on this as I'm not convinced that's correct. Not doubting what you were told but more the accuracy of the information given. Illogical that you can cancel having and get all your money back as voucher but not get a deposit back as a voucher.
We started doubting that too now.
Not sure they understood the voucher refund/ normal refund bit. Will look at it some more, when I have the time.

*edit* Just did a chat and double checked but we can get a voucher for the deposit only.
Temped to do it, as it will save us 480 euro :rem:

*edit nr2* We cancelled booking nr 1 and rebooked. Hopefully we get the voucher next week and we will put this our new booking. Worst case if we can't go in April we will have a 600 euro voucher.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Megamicrofish
Getting Excited

Remember , Sale prices end today.
Rosen Inn International Drive May 2022
Rosen Inn Closest to Universal Sep 2022
Megamicrofish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for posting OP. We just booked for end Aug to early Sept. Very good price.

Was even tempted to book the cheapest poss hotel and then get a villa as the price was cheaper than flight only. Went with LBV resort spa in the end as fancied a resort stay so kids can make friends at the pool.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
planecrazi3778
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
I was told by the agent yesterday for our flight+Hotel booking in September 2021 could be cancelled 3 weeks before and would be converted into a voucher. I'm not sure if they record their phone lines, but also with it being a package, if the fcdo advises against travel then it would be cancelled. So I was happy to take the risk.
planecrazi3778 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megamicrofish View Post
Last day of the sale, Good price if you can go Sunday 5th to 19th Sep next year
I can, please expand..
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List