Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Sep 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
markwatts
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SBF View Post
Indirect flights aren't an option. My other half hates the "ups and downs". The last flight we had, she didn't recover from the pressure changes for 3 days. (I'm a retired pilot, so I seem to be immune )

Anyway, I've managed to amend our related bookings, so not the end of the world. We'll cope with only 87 days ... instead of the original 88 days. (The joys of villa ownership )
I did feel sorry for you until I read the length of your stay!
markwatts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Can you leave home a day earlier? If so, I'd be asking Virgin to make that happen - flights cost enough, without you having to lose a day of your holiday.
Then I would have a problem with the hotel/car hire bookings at the start. Best to just leave it as it is.
SBF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
Originally Posted by markwatts View Post
I know ... it's hard. We have to stay with the ESTA 90 days, or we'd have to apply for visas.
SBF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
ps. I just noticed, you're a villa owner yourself. You, obviously, appreciate the need to spend time there yourself ... making sure everything is up to standard. Dealing with maintenance/renewals.

Besides ... I have an aversion to snow! ... Especially shovelling it! The idea is to come back when it's all gone away.
Old 20 Sep 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

If it was a 2 week holiday I would be miffed. In the grand scheme of things though I think worse things happen!
I understand you are out there for more than a holiday but not really going to notice one day in 90!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!

Edited at 02:52 PM.
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
I'd it was a 2 week holiday I would be miffed. In the grand scheme of things though I think worse things happen!
I understand you are out there for more than a holiday but not really going to notice one day in 90!
Not really ... It's the principle of the thing!
Old 20 Sep 16, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Not really ... It's the principle of the thing!
Like you said yourself, they must have undersold seats and can't justify the flight.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Like you said yourself, they must have undersold seats and can't justify the flight.
Probably ... I was just making a point here. I'm sure there are many others - who may only be going out for a limited time - who will be REALLY upset at this.
Old 20 Sep 16, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
markwatts
Apprentice Imagineer

ps. I just noticed, you're a villa owner yourself. You, obviously, appreciate the need to spend time there yourself ... making sure everything is up to standard. Dealing with maintenance/renewals.

Besides ... I have an aversion to snow! ... Especially shovelling it! The idea is to come back when it's all gone away.
You could build a new house in the time you are there!
Mark
markwatts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
You could build a new house in the time you are there!
Mark
Wouldn't want to ... This one is perfect.

Ray
Closed Thread