Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 May 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Interesting about the sharing tables. I absolutely hate it when we are asked - always say yes, as not rude enough to say no, however it means the current drink is the last one irrespective of how long we intended to stay.

My holidays are for my wife and I. I’m not being unsocial however our holidays are a way for us to “get away” from being social. So it’s our “us time”.

So I understand getting the no though it’s clear it should have been delivered better.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
Interesting about the sharing tables. I absolutely hate it when we are asked - always say yes, as not rude enough to say no, however it means the current drink is the last one irrespective of how long we intended to stay.

My holidays are for my wife and I. I’m not being unsocial however our holidays are a way for us to “get away” from being social. So it’s our “us time”.

So I understand getting the no though it’s clear it should have been delivered better.
I'm totally the same, I want to spend time with my husband, not make small talk with strangers- which as an introvert I find hard work.
However if I had spare seats at my table I wouldn't say no- I just wouldn't make any conversation with the people sharing our table! If they tried to chat I'd shut it down as quickly and politley as possible. Maybe that makes me just as rude as refusing to share, I dont know?!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post

Well I kind of agree with you but sharing tables doesn’t automatically equal having to speak to each other? When we did share with people we only spoke to them when they initiated conversation. We’re not particularly social people and yes, our holidays are for us. But we were asking to put our drinks on the same ledge until a table became available. Not sit on their knees...
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

All caught up - really enjoying your report. It's funny isn't it, you can visit somewhere so many times but there is still so much to see and do. Adding Trader Sam's to my list for next time. We too love Keke's and the Beach club. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report. Thank you for taking the time to write x
KeepSmiling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Fab report! Looking forward to the rest
Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I keep checking back to see if you have updated! Loved reading along and cant wait for the next installment 😊 (Id be annoyed at the people refusing to table share too. Id find it pretty selfsh for someone to claim unoccupied seats when others are standing around. Its not as if you were asking to join them for dinner is it? Very un-disney-like if you ask me!)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

Wowowowo! Never heard of Keke’s but this is now on our list for July. Looks amazing!
Thanks for the excellent Food Trip Report from me, Hubby and daughter x
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

Glad your evening got rescued by your return to the Poly.
I can’t believe they said no to you joining them. I kinda get it if it was a romantic restaurant. We always let people skooch in next to us in the park restaurants & when we’re leaving I’ll get my daughter to flag down the stressed out looking parent trying to find a spot so they can jump in.
Zero pixie dust with those meanies! Grrr 🤬
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Looks like a nice chilled day, such a shame about the girls. The dessert package do you get no option in what you are given? Ie is it just a prefilled box? Can I ask how you go about ordering them x
Yes, just a prefilled box, no choices. It's a shame because the kids box would have been way better for me food wise. Quite a bit of ours got chucked away. We booked online via the Disney website, just search for Fantasmic Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience (sorry, not sure if I'm allowed to post external links).

Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post
So happy to see a review of tge fantasmic dessert package! Im like you, not really fussed about the food, just want a good seat for the show without burning ddp credits. Fantasmic holds a special place in my heart too and fills me with wonderful memories of my mum. The photo of the view you posted from the seating area was amazing. Thats totally made my mind up to book the dessert package just for that alone!
Aww I'm glad. Like I said, the desserts are bit meh but it was worth it for me to get the good seats without having to have a TS meal at a restaurant I'm not bothered about. It wasn't that expensive compared to some of the other dessert parties so I'd probably do it again.

I'm the same with my mum. We went to see it together on my 21st birthday even though she was poorly and tired and it's one of my favourite memories of us together. It will forever be linked with her in my mind, she loved it so much. I miss her and I know it will really be a wrench when they change it to a different show. So I always need to make sure I have a really good seat.

Thanks for reading along!
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post
I keep checking back to see if you have updated! Loved reading along and cant wait for the next installment 😊 (Id be annoyed at the people refusing to table share too. Id find it pretty selfsh for someone to claim unoccupied seats when others are standing around. Its not as if you were asking to join them for dinner is it? Very un-disney-like if you ask me!)
Originally Posted by Sunshinekid View Post
Glad your evening got rescued by your return to the Poly.
I can’t believe they said no to you joining them. I kinda get it if it was a romantic restaurant. We always let people skooch in next to us in the park restaurants & when we’re leaving I’ll get my daughter to flag down the stressed out looking parent trying to find a spot so they can jump in.
Zero pixie dust with those meanies! Grrr 🤬
Aw thanks for making me feel better about it If it had been a restaurant I wouldn't have even asked but its just a bar, and it's not like we'd have been sat really close with them. I said we'd move as soon as a table became free but it was just a no...