Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Question What to expect June 2019

We go on the 6th June 2019, we usually go in July when it's busier, hotter and wetter So just wondering what it's like at the beginning of June, how crowded is it, are the queues any better for the rides & what's the weather like?

Edited at 08:28 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Hi there,June will be a little cooler ,dryer and not so busy.We now try to get last May/1st June but we also factor in the overall cost,but mainly for our own personal comfort.Hope this helps.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not to be a party pooper but last June we went out on the 2nd, two weeks of very wet weather. We've been in June a few times without any problems (the usual short daily rain spell) but last year was terrible. It did however improve the last two weeks after we had left, we were unlucky.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

June is around the start of the hurricane season, so the weather can be unpredictable

Don't put all your eggs in the drier basket, the last time we went was the start of June and the weather was 50/50 with some heavy rain at times.
Old 22 May 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
We go on the 6th June 2019, we usually go in July when it's busier, hotter and wetter So just wondering what it's like at the beginning of June, how crowded is it, are the queues any better for the rides & what's the weather like?
Last 2 visits have been around 17th May to 2nd June and that 2nd week is noticeably busier.
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

We were there from 29 May to 14 June last year and apart from the first two days, the weather was awful so don't bank on it being dry! It rained a lot and without fail every afternoon all through the night.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

We always go in june (not last June though when apparently it was very wet).
We normally leave the first week in june... I have nothing to compare the crowds to then but the closer you get to July the busier it gets, our last few days in 2016 of June were rediculousy busy, no fast passes to be had! Lol. Couldn't move. I think it was because it was coming up to the 4th July.
The middle of June is the holidays for most American schools so this may explain the busier later weeks we had. Also fathers day is in june, we noticed that weekend was noticeably busier.
Weather has always been amazing for us... typical afternoon showers, we made it out most evenings... we did have one crazy storm that lasted a couple hours one afternoon... man it was so flooded and lightning hit the road in front of our car! It was scary but funny to look back on.
I know weather is really rubbish just now, we head off 3rd of june so I hope it picks up by then.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Thanks, hopefully we will have done a majority of the rides before it gets busier in the 2nd week, we are used to wet days, but hopefully it won't be that wet next year

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
We always go in june (not last June though when apparently it was very wet).
We normally leave the first week in june... I have nothing to compare the crowds to then but the closer you get to July the busier it gets, our last few days in 2016 of June were rediculousy busy, no fast passes to be had! Lol. Couldn't move. I think it was because it was coming up to the 4th July.
The middle of June is the holidays for most American schools so this may explain the busier later weeks we had. Also fathers day is in june, we noticed that weekend was noticeably busier.
Weather has always been amazing for us... typical afternoon showers, we made it out most evenings... we did have one crazy storm that lasted a couple hours one afternoon... man it was so flooded and lightning hit the road in front of our car! It was scary but funny to look back on.
I know weather is really rubbish just now, we head off 3rd of june so I hope it picks up by then.
Ooh you will have to update me when you get back, have a fab time

Edited at 09:06 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gspringe
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Last year the weather in the first week of June was appalling. None stop rain for a week.
gspringe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ayeready
Excited about Disney

We've found the first 2 weeks in June to be quite wet in the past. Last year was a complete wash out. Had maybe 3-4 days of sun from 2 weeks. The rest was rain, rain, rain.

This year we've moved to last week in June, first week in July.

Weather should be better with the odd thunderstorm or shower each day between 4-7 hopefully.
ayeready is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List