Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
I think this is interesting as DH and I always disagree. I sleep on all long haul flights and always recline my chair a little bit (up for eating though). He thinks that I am beyond rude and gets annoyed if the person in front of him reclines. Who is right?
I wa in exit seats to Dubai and after te meal I checked the seat behind and the lady had reclined so I reclined her husband and her gave me looks like I had drowned kittens after that.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

How do you check if the plane is a refurbished one? We fly back in WT+ MCO-LGW 05/09/18 so not sure if we are affected?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
How do you check if the plane is a refurbished one? We fly back in WT+ MCO-LGW 05/09/18 so not sure if we are affected?
Look at the seat map see if it’s 333 or 343
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
no, nothing new - but these particular Gatwick/MCO BA planes have always been 3-3-3, so there is less room than there used to be for us seasoned BA flyers. There are many reasons people choose their airline. Space is one of them.

edit to add: they have also increased the number of seats without increasing the overhead luggage space 52 - fifty two - extra passengers taking hand luggage! The luxury of being able to take your time boarding and having plenty of space to put it may soon be a thing of the past when they start flying full.
You make a very valid point re cabin bags which no one seems to have picked up on. With the increased pressure on locker space will we see restrictions on sizes, weights and numbers of bags allowed a la Thomas Cook? We only travel with cabin bags so it's certainly something we'll consider. We travelled BA Gatwick/Tampaa couple of weeks ago and we're amongst the last to board. We were row 16 but our bags ended up several rows back hence last off as well.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Look at the seat map see if it’s 333 or 343
I have looked at flight map but as we are WT+ it’s only showing that cabin so 2-4-2. Is there a way to see the WT Cabin on Manage My Booking?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by paw View Post
Have no idea which plane it was but we flew 3-4-3 2 years ago with BA back from Seattle. We were in the middle, DH had the aisle seat (needs it to stretch a bad leg) and I was next to a tall man, looked like a rugby player but definitely not overweight. He barely fitted in the seat, took my shoulder room and all the armrest not to mention most of my foot space til I put a bag to stop his feet and more importantly his legs touching mine. He did try his wife’s aisle seat but his shoulders stuck out and kept getting hit by the trolly and passing people. Said we would never travel BA economy again and went Thompson’s Dreamliner in premium the next year. So different.
That would have been a 747 then..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

I have looked at flight map but as we are WT+ it’s only showing that cabin so 2-4-2. Is there a way to see the WT Cabin on Manage My Booking?
WT+ should have more seats, non-refurbs have 24 WT+ seats and refurbs 52

failing that you can always do a dummy economy booking and view the seat selection and check if its 333 or 343
Old 25 May 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fairygothmum View Post
My best friend works as BA cabin crew and was invited to view the new planes before they were commissioned by BA, and he loves them. he said they're going to be so much better than the usual configuration even with the slightly narrowed aisles.
Ah... but is that his view based as a fully paying passenger or as a member of crew working in that environment?
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

On that date, BA2036 is currently showing as unrefurbished, BA2038 as refurbished. Can always change.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
On that date, BA2036 is currently showing as unrefurbished, BA2038 as refurbished. Can always change.
We are on the 2038 but cabin is showing as 32 seats?

IG - alicialanesmith