Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 May 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Standard room in pofq already gone!

Booked mine a few weeks ago but my sister was dragging her feet. Good job my nagging paid off and she booked last week as only garden view rooms left now, would have cost her almost £300 more 😨
Old 24 May 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
For my dates standard rooms at POFQ have only just become available. I was interested to see what the price was POFQ was what I was planning on booking until my other half got involved in the planning process and we ended up booking WL!
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Ive stayed at WL and loved it😁 qsdp suits us better though and pofq is a deal breaker for us now, wouldnt stay anywhere else.
Old 24 May 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
Ive stayed at WL and loved it😁 qsdp suits us better though and pofq is a deal breaker for us now, wouldnt stay anywhere else.
We absolutely love POFQ as well and if we hadn't bought into DVC it would have been our resort of choice.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

same with riverside for a lot of dates, it happened last year too. the year before that we booked in october and there were lots of rooms availabe, the resort wasn't even that busy.

We have just chosen to go with virgin as the price per person went up £300 when TUI said they had ran out of standard rooms and virgin were £100 cheaper anyway and were only asking for £100 per person more for pool view so weve saved £1800 booking with virgin which has never happened for us before.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Room availability has been very eratic since free dining launch. POFQ standard rooms for last 3 weeks of August only just opened up this week when before there was no availability at all.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

POR has gone for my dates too in May, I thought it would have been POFQ to go first seeing as it’s smaller. Annoying really because that’s the resort I really wanted and I can’t book yet because my work haven’t released next years holidays and it’s always a battle to get the dates you want, argh! So frustrating!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by k100dmk View Post
same with riverside for a lot of dates, it happened last year too. the year before that we booked in october and there were lots of rooms availabe, the resort wasn't even that busy.

We have just chosen to go with virgin as the price per person went up £300 when TUI said they had ran out of standard rooms and virgin were £100 cheaper anyway and were only asking for £100 per person more for pool view so weve saved £1800 booking with virgin which has never happened for us before.
Really glad you said that! Just priced up virgin, they have the garden room for my dates for 8 nights for an extra £148 rather than the £300 I think it was with Disney, plus the whole holiday is coming out £500 cheaper for us two adults than what it would if I did it all separately! Now I just need my work to hurry up and release my holidays!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

POFQ only just became available on my dates (Feb) - first time I've seen it available in any room category since free dining launched, and only standards available. It had sporadic availability last year as well, but nowhere near as bad as this year.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

All gone for my date in Oct, do you think more will open up or have I missed the boat

Nothing at all above a value for oct half term now
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List