Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Been holed up in Margaritaville for over an hour as storms rolled across, could be worse tho’, the margaritas are good!
FozzyB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Stuck in my hotel on international drive, waiting to go out for food, hope it stops soon 😅
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

We became drowned rats on our way to Epcot tonight, thankfully we had upgraded from Art of Animation to Beach Club so ran back and have ended up spending a lovely relaxing if unplanned evening on the sofas in the beautiful lobby! Heard the loudest thunder tonight.

For those worrying - I was too, yes it has disrupted our evening plans tonight but we spent a lovely hot morning and early afternoon at Universal, quick torrential rain around 2pm then it was back to chilling in the sun by the pool at 3pm. Rain didn't start until about 6pm. Yesterday we had a beautiful morning and afternoon, rained for an hour around 4pm and again at 9pm but just watched happily ever after anyway - was so incredible I almost forgot it was raining! So certainly not the all day endless rain we were expecting
Emily90 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dparr59
Earning My Ears

Been here since Saturday rain and sunshine on and off every day rain mainly in the afternoon
Still warm up to 90 today. Came here every year for over 20 years usually no rain at all.
Parks all open so it's business as usual .
Might be worth a trip to a local Dollar tree store for a umbrella as there only a dollar just in case.

Edited at 06:17 AM. Reason: More info
dparr59 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Latest satellite image shows a lot of cloud!

Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Bad again today, at islands of adventures and most rides closed due to weather.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

We came home last night and after spending a very warm but somewhat cloudy day at Disney Springs, we got on the plane and thunderstorms arrived. Our flight was at 18:30, VS76 to MAN and we pushed back From the gate at 18:45 only to sit on the runway for another hour or so as the airport stopped all traffic. Was a bit bumpy on the way up but not too bad considering.

We’ve been there for 18 nights so only the last 4 or 5 days of rain etc and not really stopped us doing much. It is very muggy though which the storms have no impact on, so you might get pretty sticky in a poncho! I’d defo go for a brolly instead . I’d still rather be wet in Florida than dry here!
Old 18 May 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzysheep
Earning My Ears

Looking at the forecast the last couple of days and it’s just changing all the time! I think it will be impossible to predict. I’ll just hope for the best!
Suzysheep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

More of a summer pattern next week with sunny mornings and afternoon showers. Back up to 90f
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MabelJ
Proud to wear my Ears

Still horrendous weather. I could just cry. It's raining again.

We been here since the 11th and it's rained every single day and not just the usual hour in the afternoon. I'm sat in bed and it's raining again.

I've been coming to Florida for 25 years and this is by far the worst weather I've ever had
MabelJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List