Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 May 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

How long to leave after an ADR before we book FP?

So, it is AT LAST FP day tomorrow (woohoo!). I'm just trying to work out how long to leave after the time of an APR, before I book a FP.

I had left an hour, thinking that we can always catch the end of the FP window. But I don't want to be stressed and rushing (nor do I want to be kicking around just waiting for a FP).

I'm also assuming that we won't need an hour between FPs (although that is the minimum time window). So, my question is, should I leave an hour, and assume we can catch the end of the hour window, or should I leave a bit more than an hour?

Also - a very specific question, but if we have an ADR for 50s diner at 7pm, will we be finished in time to see the fireworks? I'm worried it is a bit tight (if we want to get a spot to watch them).

Thanks!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I think it's going to depend on which restaurant it is, and how close the FP attraction is to it. I would say an hour would be enough at most TS venues that flip tables quickly, as it gives you two hours until the end of the window. But if it's character or signature dining, you might need more time - especially if you want to meet all the characters and they're slow working the tables.

As for time between FPs, again it's going to depend on location. If you wanted to book say Splash and Big Thunder Mountains, I would book them in consecutive slots and then do them back to back since they're next to each other. So turn up at the end of your first slot and tap in. By the time you're off the ride, your second slot should be open so you can head straight over.

But if your attractions are on opposite sides of the park (e.g. Space instead of Splash, to stick with the mountains) I'd probably allow more time so you're not running back and forth. So use your FP at one in the morning, head around via one of the other lands doing some of the minor attractions on the way and FP the other in the afternoon.

What time are the fireworks on for? I'd want at least a 2 hour gap between an ADR and their start time, but depends how long you want to stake out a spot for.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Loldis for this reply, and Allyefe for asking this question. I have been wondering this too, particularly for the fireworks. We have a 4.45 ADR at Whispering Canyon and are hoping to get back to MK for HEA at 9pm. Does this seem do-able? Also 6.50 ADR at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming, and hoping to get to Epcot for Illuminations at 10pm? We will be using Disney transport. TIA
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Thanks Ioldis! I have just been checking times, and because of Toy story land, fireworks aren't until 10pm (I thought they were at 9pm). So actually we'll end up with three hours.

A lot of our reservations are character dining, so it is useful to know that they can take a little longer.

I will re-check the locations of rides. For the FP+. I had it all planned out, but I'm now changing a few things. I need to check out a map and work out where everything is! I also want to try and avoid running everything.
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thanks Loldis for this reply, and Allyefe for asking this question. I have been wondering this too, particularly for the fireworks. We have a 4.45 ADR at Whispering Canyon and are hoping to get back to MK for HEA at 9pm. Does this seem do-able? Also 6.50 ADR at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming, and hoping to get to Epcot for Illuminations at 10pm? We will be using Disney transport. TIA
I think HEA will be fine as it's pretty quick on the boat back from WL and you've got 4 hours between the times.

Illuminations could be tight since it'll be a double journey (there's no direct link TO the parks from DS at any time) but at least it's on at 10 instead of 9 so you have that extra hour to play with. But you'll either have to walk/boat over to SSR then catch an Epcot bus from there, or catch a BW/Y&BC bus from DS then walk from the resort to the IG entrance. The upside though is you don't normally have to stake out a spot for Illuminations for as long, as there's so many viewing points around the lagoon.

Edited at 11:05 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would allow an hour, hour and a half at most. Most theme park restaurants you’ll be out within the 2 hour window to make the FP. So if lunch is 12pm book the FP for 1pm or soon after.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I think HEA will be fine as it's pretty quick on the boat back from WL and you've got 4 hours between the times.

Illuminations could be tight since it'll be a double journey (there's no direct link TO the parks from DS at any time) but at least it's on at 10 instead of 9 so you have that extra hour to play with. But you'll either have to walk/boat over to SSR then catch an Epcot bus from there, or catch a BW/Y&BC bus from DS then walk from the resort to the IG entrance. The upside though is you don't normally have to stake out a spot for Illuminations for as long, as there's so many viewing points around the lagoon.
We had thought that the bus to BW etc and then walking to Epcot would be the quickest route and I agree that Illuminations doesn't need a particular viewing space so hopefully we will be ok.

Thanks for the advice, it's really helpful. 😊
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
You can always try modifying your fast pass to bring it forward if you are done earlier than expected.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List