Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 18, 04:11 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve been here for the last four weeks and for the last two it’s been almost constant rain, it’s ridiculous, we leave on Friday so hoping to get at least one day of sun in!
Old 22 May 18, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Been very strange weather here on the Gulf coast. This, never seen before to us and many islanders, depression kicked off on Sat 12th May, boy have we had some rain and storms, the forecast is showing scattered thunder storms most days, which oft transpire. That said it's hot and humid but, in the main, overcast. Had a stonking storm on Saturday that circled round and round for over 2 hours! Forecast (tongue in cheek) is the depression will remain until 4th June, but, who knows with Fl.

Superb Bokeelia Pier sunset, dry, very warm, dolphin teaching her baby to fish, night herons and frigate birds aplenty, what a beautiful night it was, hoping for the same tonight, Tuesday. It's our last day today as we head up to Orlando on Weds for our Thurs flight, hoping for some canny pool weather even with 80% chance of thunder storms.

If you're heading out soon have a smashing holiday
Old 22 May 18, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Been very strange weather here on the Gulf coast. This, never seen before to us and many islanders, depression kicked off on Sat 12th May, boy have we had some rain and storms, the forecast is showing scattered thunder storms most days, which oft transpire. That said it's hot and humid but, in the main, overcast. Had a stonking storm on Saturday that circled round and round for over 2 hours! Forecast (tongue in cheek) is the depression will remain until 4th June, but, who knows with Fl.

Superb Bokeelia Pier sunset, dry, very warm, dolphin teaching her baby to fish, night herons and frigate birds aplenty, what a beautiful night it was, hoping for the same tonight, Tuesday. It's our last day today as we head up to Orlando on Weds for our Thurs flight, hoping for some canny pool weather even with 80% chance of thunder storms.

If you're heading out soon have a smashing holiday
Chris. All good things come to an end. You have had some weird weather this trip haven't you. But on the whole it's been good I know.
Drive carefully to Orlando and have a good flight home.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We live in West central Spain. May is usually a beautiful time of year, warm sunshine, spring flowers etc etc. This is the time of year many people usually visit us to relax on our small farm. This year the weather has been awful. We’ve had torrential rain ( which we needed to fill wells, reservoirs etc) thunderstorms and cold weather. We know this is a blip, for our visitors it’s just horrid as they taken the time to come over and see us.

I’m going next May for first two weeks and I did think oooooh but experience living here tells me it’s a blip and nothing is predictable. I do, however, feel so sorry for those whose vacation has been upset by the bad weather , that’s sucks
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If it’s any consolation I’m at Disneyland California and not seen 1 minute of sun. We’ve all had to go out and buy jumpers sweatshirts etc as we hadn’t packed for this cold miserable weather!
Old 22 May 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Currently sat waiting for the 1pm Nemo show in AK, just thought I’d report on the weather quickly. It’s been overcast again but still no rain, not the heat we’re used to but still wearing the same as usual, it is actually making these days more bearable when touring the parks x
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Aww thank you everyone for taking the time to report! We will be going to the Keys,Sarasota and then Disney so all weather forecasts are appreciated. I’m glad it’s a little better for you all aswell. Have fun
Old 22 May 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Just read an article from an Orlando paper saying the wet stormy weather is due to stay until next week 😩😬
Old 22 May 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Just read an article from an Orlando paper saying the wet stormy weather is due to stay until next week 😩😬
I’m here now and it’s not been wet nor stormy for three days.
The weather reports had yesterday and today as a write off, never saw any rain yesterday, then today we had approx 2 mins of a “sprinkle”
Old 22 May 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Yes, today our day in AK was perfect, there was a short shower around 2:30pn, but certainly no storm.

We are going back this evening for the late showing of Ricers Of Light, fingers crossed the rain stays away
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List